Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling?

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling?
Harvey, why are you still going to the Doctor. Apparently he does not realize who he is dealing with. Are you still in a lot of pain?

Pain relative to what? Sometimes the bad shoulder doesn't hurt as much as the good one because of the arthritis.

Basically I have to get it back to where it should be. I've been using it like it is because I had stuff to get done and didn't have any other choices. That's the way it was in Haiti and that's the way it is now for the next couple of weeks. After that I will be back on the three times a week therapy.

As for the pain, the shoulder is as painful an experience as I've ever had, keep in mind I've broken a lot of bones and at any one time chances are I'm recovering from cuts and bruises.

The upside on all the injuries is I've learned to use what isn't hurt to make up for what is. Picking up bags of portland cement involves 80% of the work being done by the rest of the body so the injured shoulder only notices 20% of the load.

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #72  
Be careful Harvey. A close friend had rotator cup surgery and spent 4 months in a sling. Decided he was good and went out for his weekly pool playing night. Did something wrong and ended up in surgery again the next week. Four months in a sling. Be careful.

MarkV

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #73  
I'm no expert on rotator cuffs, I had 3 surgeries on my right shoulder 12 years ago. 3/15/12 I had surgery on my left (different Dr's). First tine was the usual, wear the sling for 30 days, 2/3 mo. of therapy. Step forward 12 years: Dr's orders, get rid of the sling, only use it if I'm going to be outside, start moving arm at the elbow and wrist. I started movement as much as I could stand, then to therapy. 3 times a week, Monday 4/16/12 will be my last session. I expect to be released from the Dr. on Wednesday. Don't get me wrong, there was pain. You have to learn the difference between stretching pain & pain that is doing damage. I have full range of motion. Still a weak going up in front slightly to the side. Stretch and do exercises several times every day. I even get up at night and do them. My Dr. says this is something that is relatively new..
That's my story

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #74  
This morning my wife was watching the news on Fox4news (Dallas TV station for anyone who didn't know that) and she hollered at me because Harvey was on there. I missed it, but our wroughtn_harv is getting to be quite a celebrity with his genius for inventions.

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #76  
Bird or Harvey do you have a link to the broadcasted story?
Or was it the BP commercial with the Harvey look-a-like?:D

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #77  

Don, Margaret told me at the time that it was on Channel 4 (Fox4news.com) and I tried to find such a link, but no luck.

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling?

It was me doing my best look like the BP guy, he makes money being on tv.

/ Shoulder surgery, how long in this XXXX sling? #80