Don't post ANY contest,,,

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #21  
The act of posting what you did was a plea for votes.
If anybody can simply put out a plea for votes from internet acquaintances then the contest itself and it's winner is meaningless. Not how I would want to win anything.

Then the Military and especially the National Guard are grateful that you're not a spouse that was nominated by a 2 or 3 star who has put his and his command's reputation on the line by submitting your name for contention. Especially if you happened to be selected as a national finalist.

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #22  
OneMan said:
Then the Military and especially the National Guard are grateful that you're not a spouse that was nominated by a 2 or 3 star who has put his and his command's reputation on the line by submitting your name for contention. Especially if you happened to be selected as a national finalist.

Maybe grateful to not have me as a spouse but grateful to have me teach cqc to those deploying to war zones.

/ Don't post ANY contest,,, #23  
Maybe grateful to not have me as a spouse but grateful to have me teach cqc to those deploying to war zones.

Just answer the question yes or no. HAVE YOU GONE TO THE SITE AND READ IT?
Besides here's what had to happen before my daughter was nominated to be a finalist in this group:
She is the 2012 National Guard Bureau Volunteer GOLD Award recipient. The GOLD Award is the highest award the NGB gives to civilian volunteers. One person per year is selected from each State and US Territory.
The Texas acknowledgment of this honor will take place March 24th in Austin at the National Guard Association of Texas/State Family Programs conference (where she is already scheduled to teach two classes).

She will go to Washington DC to receive the actual National Award.

This is not the same or associated in any way with Military Spouse of the Year. The NGB Family Programs Board of Directors selects individuals based on the merits of the nominations.

2-149th GSAB
Family Readiness Group

The rest of the BIO speaks for itself.

I guess a manufacture's rep would not want to have a contest as to which attachment was the best for food plot clearing or what type of trailer should one use to pull a skid loader or what type of tractor is the best for 10 acres or less now would they. That might lead to a contest vote from anyone providing an opinion, but then again I could be wrong since I didn't set the rules as to what is or is not a contest and whether or not an opinion is or is not a vote for a particular point of view.

Last edited:
   / Don't post ANY contest,,, #24  
:cool2:Stand by on Friday the 10th for an important announcement....:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Don't post ANY contest,,, #25  
:cool2:Stand by on Friday the 10th for an important announcement....:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Ok well today is the 10th and here is the big news:

My eye surgery went ok and I may be back to normal in a few weeks.
Oh, and also, my daughter was declared the Military Spouse of the year for the National Guard in addition to receiving the Texas National Guard's highest award. Now the fun begins and the sunup to the overall Military Spouse of the Year for all branches begins next week when new voting begins.
As usual, I will be pushing my daughter but she is up against some very stiff competition from the winners of the other branches,
Please go to the site and read about the winners and then vote for your favorite branch winner,

Thanks,
A Proud Dad:cool2: