Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #1  

Western

Tractor
Kioti DK 35 now
Long story, but just the "brief" right now.

A man I've known for over 30 years (Don) also my brothers father in law, Lost his wife last night in Oklahoma while she and my sister in law where driving to wed. night prayer meeting. Right now they suspect a massive heart attack. she was 65 I think.

He is a life long truck driver and for 20 years she was his companion driver till a health scare earlier this year. When he got the news (last night) he was in El Paso, TX, My brother (Doug) is with him "learning the ropes". They are dead heading back right now.

Don has lost his middle child, youngest daughter and now his wife in the past 8 years. One of the nicest guy's and one of the most faithful to God men I have ever met, How he goes on, is a mystery to me. This news last night was just over whelming. His wife also one of the sweetest and hardest working person you could meet, (she drove the 3 tractors at their farm in Ft. Towsen OK. more than Don did):thumbsup:

My SIL, is his last remaining family member.

Will post more later, but for now, a prayer for Don, my SIL and Brothers family could sure use a prayer. Don has endured much.

Last edited:
   / Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #2  
I just prayed a sincere prayer. Sincere wishes that everything works out positive and that everyone affected remains strong.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #3  
I'm very sorry to hear of the news, and I hope things start to get better for him.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #4  
I am very sorry to read about your friend's loss..

BTW, you may want to edit your thread title. Click EDIT, then GO ADVANCED and you can correct the typo.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #6  
Prayer said.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #7  
Prayers sent for ALL.
Tough news but thanks for posting it Dennis.

Boone

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer
Thanks guy's, and Big thanks for the heads up Roy, was a long night.

Little more in info, maybe my "own" therapy.

I have know the family ( Don and Marcella Woodlee) for some 34 years. I met them when my brother started dating their oldest daughter. I became good friends with their son Gary, and remained so. He worked for me around 2004, then quit and moved to Arkansas to try and get a truck driving job at Little Debbie. While mowing an elderly neighbors yard, he got to close to a small creek (2' bank) and him and the Zero turn went in and it pinned him underneath, he was extremely stout "farm boy, but his neck was broken.

Don and Marcella had his name and dates painted on their semi.

Then about 3 years ago their youngest daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer, she was around 33. After treatment the prognosis was great, but it shortly came back and took her. Her husband and kids moved and I haven't seen them since.

Don and Marcella had her name added to the big rig.

About 3-4 months ago Marcella was told by her Doc that she had cancer and would only live 6 months, after all the "panic" and pain 3 more doctors said it wasn't cancer, but I cant recall what it was. She went to Colorado for 2 weeks for treatment and by all accounts was in great shape and in a good mood yesterday back at home in Oklahoma.

As I mentioned in the 1st post, she had what we presume a massive heart attack, As she and my sister in law where going to prayer meeting. Don was with my brother taking a load to Washington state I believe and was in West Texas. I know they came through around noon, so they are just about home.

Can you imagine what a man goes through when almost everything he has taken care of and worked for has been taken, then on the big "Hit' your life companion is taken after you are convinced shes fine and go back on the road? what a terrible drive Don and my brother have driven since 7pm last night.

This is the short of it, been sending prayers all day while working. Pains me for my brothers sake, but there is little I can do, but be there if he needs me . This will undoubtedly be a job for the man upstairs, but I do feel one thing, God must have allot of trust in Dons faith- the man has been tested.

Just another reminder to love your family as good as you can, one day we all have to face that "road"

I apologize for the rambling.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #9  
Sorry for your loss. <__________________>
Special prayers indeed.

/ Good friend and "family" could sure use a prayer #10  
My prayers are with you and your loved ones. Stay Strong.