Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately?

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #71  
Howdy folks! Again, I want to thank everyone for their concern and kind words. I've been in physical therapy 5 days a week, and by the time that's over, not a lot of energy left. I did get to spend a few minutes in the cab of a tractor last week. You'll never know just how much I enjoyed that. Thought those days were over. Still having a lot of trouble seeing in bright light conditions, and dragging around a balky leg, but otherwise doing OK. I'm getting better control of my hands, so typing isn't the chore it was a few weeks ago. Voice is getting stronger again too. (much to my wife's chagrin) The real bummer is, I was one semester away from finally getting my Phd. I was looking foirward to making the family call me Doctor! Now they just call the doctor for me. Oh well....Maybe later....

At any rate, I'm hoping to get more time on the ol' 'net, so I may be back more frequently.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #72  
Very glad to hear you are doing better and are back with us. Hang in there.

James K0UA

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #73  
Bill "DANG GLAD "your doing much better !
Only thing better than sitting in a tractor cab is sitting in a tractor cab with the rite lady on your lap. :D :thumbsup:

Boone

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #74  
Bill,

Awesome news sir!

Don't give up on the PHD either.com

We are here to cheer you on!

I am thrilled to see your post today.

Be well,
David

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #75  
Bill "DANG GLAD "your doing much better !
Only thing better than sitting in a tractor cab is sitting in a tractor cab with the rite lady on your lap. :D :thumbsup:

Boone

Coincidentally, that's the way it all went down! Leigh won't hardly let me out of her sight. I've been trying for the last 10 years to get her to retire. I finally found out how to go about that! Another silver lining to the dark cloud was I had a LOT of time to pause and reflect on just how lucky I've been throughout my life. I keep thinking back to a line from the very last episode of M.A.S.H. when Col Sherman Potter said it was time to go home and be "Mrs Potters Mr Potter for a while".

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #76  
Glad to hear you are getting better Bill. Look forward to getting 'corrected' by you for years to come! :)

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #77  
Glad to hear that you are doing better. IMO, "Tractor Therapy" does as much good for the mind as Physical Therapy does for the body.

Aaron Z

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #78  
I'm very glad things are getting a bit better. Being able to type easier and getting into the cab of a tractor, those are big things, really important. I have a friend who is recuperating from a stroke, and he has similar challenges but is also getting a bit better each day. He can type well now, and he can get out and about in his car. Things like that are important, and I am so glad to hear that you are fighting through it and winning too.

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #79  
Makes me happy to hear your up and about again. :)

/ Anybody heard from Farmwithjunk lately? #80  
Bill,
It is so great to hear from you again. Keep them tractors a goin' and get that PHD!
hugs, Brandi