In remembrance of my son.

/ In remembrance of my son. #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
We lost him 5 years ago, today. His name was Charles, but everyone called him Chas, or Chazzy.
A car killed him when he tried to cross the street.
She was texting.

He was 16, I was 44.
I'm so much older now. Much older.

Here's to sons, and to the love and joy they bring to our lives.

Attachments

• Chas-1.jpg
    Chas-1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 195
   / In remembrance of my son. #4  
Here's to our kids in general, not just sons. They make our lives complete and when one is gone, a piece of us is also gone. My coworker recently lost his 19y/o to Aplastic Anemia, my oldest is the same age. Enjoy them while you can and never take life for granted.

Blessings for you and your family.

/ In remembrance of my son. #5  
In 1995, after losing my wife in 1989, I lost my son when he was 17. I was 52. After that I found it hard to breathe normally. I am 99% healed - it took a long time to get here - God sustained me. Creekbend had an uplifting thought: Even though there is much sadness in this World, you will see your Son again.

/ In remembrance of my son. #6  
As my daughter gets older and is about to leave the house, these are the things that keep me up at night. You can teach and teach and teach, but no one can stop "the other guy" from doing what they do.

Too may great kids have been lost by texting. Three kids plowed into a tree 1/4 mile from school near here. One minute they are happy teens coming home from school, the next all three are dead from texting. THAT FAST.

All over in less than a few seconds.

A girl passed me on the freeway going 70mph plus TEXTING. I figured he eye's were on the road less that 50% of her driving. As she passed I watched her head bob up and down constantly.

You guys that have made it over the pain - congratulation, I have a feeling it would kill me.

/ In remembrance of my son. #7  
Perhaps in memory of him you advocate for new rules on texting while operating vehicles. Perhaps on the anniversary of his death you can convince others to be more careful. It won't bring him back but might save others the same grief. It may help you heal as well.

/ In remembrance of my son. #8  
Wow. I have a 16 year old son and was just thinking (before I read your post) about how he can be a real rebel sometimes. Then I read your post. Then I cried. You helped me put it all back into perspective. Thanks.

MoKelly

/ In remembrance of my son. #9  
Words simply fail me, I can only echo what the others have said so well.

/ In remembrance of my son. #10  
You and your family have my prayers.