Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat_Driver View Post
    You guys that have made it over the pain - congratulation, I have a feeling it would kill me.
    With respect, I must correct you there.

One does not get over the pain. You live with it, every day for the rest of your life. A part of you withers, another part goes numb, yet another slowly strengthens. However, you are no longer you. It is a kind of death for the parent as well.

Achingback, Mossflowerwoods and Sutol understand this. It's my great hope that none of the rest of you ever will.
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

Tractor
    ls3033g

I so do know how you all feel I lost my son in afghanastan 10/27/2010 with just weeks to go on his 3 rd deployment . Went right back to work weeks later now a year later cant even function at work . Relocated down in Ga. am starting a small farm it helps but not much
    God bless our troops
    Sgt. Michael D. Kirspel

Tractor
    1986 JD 755 (MFWD, PS, HST, Loader).

This was a hard thread to View and even harder to join in! We lost our son (14 yrs old), 11 yrs ago, when exited the school bus, began crossing the busy 4 lane street coming home and was struck by a car. We can't imagine what he was thinking about at the time that had him so distracted. I can honestly said that this remains The Hardest Day of My Life and remains a painful subject. Wow...I didn't think I could join-in on the Memorial thread.

Tractor
    None

Wow... I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Briana
    TBN Support

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by miklnj View Post
    I so do know how you all feel I lost my son in afghanastan 10/27/2010 with just weeks to go on his 3 rd deployment . Went right back to work weeks later now a year later cant even function at work . Relocated down in Ga. am starting a small farm it helps but not much
    God bless our troops
    Sgt. Michael D. Kirspel
    Thank you for sharing your pain...
    I was very powerfully touched by your post.

Thank you for raising a good son, I appreciate both your pain, and his supreme sacrifice.
    May God Bless you, your family, and give you his peace.

Be well,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne55 View Post
    This was a hard thread to View and even harder to join in! We lost our son (14 yrs old), 11 yrs ago, when exited the school bus, began crossing the busy 4 lane street coming home and was struck by a car. We can't imagine what he was thinking about at the time that had him so distracted. I can honestly said that this remains The Hardest Day of My Life and remains a painful subject. Wow...I didn't think I could join-in on the Memorial thread.
    Wayne,

Thank you for sharing. My oldest daughter is almost 14... I can only imagine the pain if I were in your shoes. My son died over 26 years ago, and he was only 1 day less than 7 months old, and very ill. It is not the same as what you, and the other experienced...

This thread makes me cry, but it also reminds me every day we get is a blessing to be cherished.

God Bless you and your family, and may you recieve His peace...

Be well,
    David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, empty pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B6100

Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    Thank you for sharing your pain...
    I was very powerfully touched by your post.

Thank you for raising a good son, I appreciate both your pain, and his supreme sacrifice.
    May God Bless you, your family, and give you his peace.

Be well,
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by MossflowerWoods View Post
    Wayne,

Thank you for sharing. My oldest daughter is almost 14... I can only imagine the pain if I were in your shoes. My son died over 26 years ago, and he was only 1 day less than 7 months old, and very ill. It is not the same as what you, and the other experienced...

This thread makes me cry, but it also reminds me every day we get is a blessing to be cherished.

God Bless you and your family, and may you recieve His peace...

Be well,
    David
    Well said.
    Mike
    B6100 w/ power steering - link below
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...has-power.html

Tractor
    MF 2410 TLB

Wow, don't know what to say but will forward this thread to my kids with hopes that I won't ever have to share a similar story.

You all have my sorrow and my best wishes for peace and continued strength.
    Man is not free unless government is limited.
    Ronald Reagan

"Your beliefs don't make you a better person...your behavior does."

Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

Quote Originally Posted by miklnj View Post
    God bless our troops
    Sgt. Michael D. Kirspel
    The disfunctioning part has gone on and on.

I too went back to work, two weeks after Chas was killed. I could read and understand blueprints, discuss details at meetings, perform oversight when on the job site. But as soon as I rolled up the prints, left the meeting or went home, everything just left my head. It quickly got worse; over the years, my abilities dwindled and motivation literally vanished.

After 5 years and as many anti-depressants, I'm now off all medication, by choice. Every day is a battle to function, to carry on, to find a reason to get out of bed.

I work for myself now and find that I'm most functional when I push through my anxieties and do some work. This is not often enough yet, but it's better than spending the entire day on the couch, watching tv. Did that for at least 2 years.

Our culture does absolutely nothing to prepare us for death. A lot of suffering could be mollified by gaining a right understanding at an early age.
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

Tractor
    Kubota 5030HSTC

Familyman, yes, here's to sons and loved ones and the joy they bring...I'll spend tonight in greater appreciation of what I have...2 sons, 2 grandkids...there are joys and problems with both, but I will draw from your courage in sharing and be grateful for what I have. thanks for your post. May your decision to get out of bed become less difficult each day...and I will redouble my efforts to appreciate what I have in remembrance of your son.
    Joy is having the tools you need and needing the tools you have!

Kubota 5030 HSTC, BB, Danueser PHD, LA853 QA HD FEL w JD toothbar, 3pt chisel, 3 pt disk, 6' shredder, Kubota FEL hay spike, 3pt hay fork w carryall, Kubota RTV 1140

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast