Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Silver Member adjusterr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    236
    Location
    Western Maryland
    Tractor
    Kubota L2500 & 1010 John Deere

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Having lost my 14 year old son Jason to suicide, July 10, 1990, I understand the pain the loss of a child brings. I find some comfort in the memories of the hunting, fishing, and motorcycle riding we shared. The pain never really goes away but it seems time has been my ally, it has taken the sharp edge off my grief and allows me to recall the good times we had. Although your life will never be the same, you will learn to live around the sadness and you will find that you will be able to laugh again and find joy in life through your family and friends. I wish you well Brother.

  2. #32
    Veteran Member chad22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,621
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Sorry for your loss. I lost a cousin around 6 years ago, who was 15 at the time due to an atv (four wheeler accident) according to the investigation the throttle had locked in full speed position and he had just told his friend goodbye and waved to him as he was heading back home.

    He went through a fence and a piece of rebar went through his chin and through his brain and killed him instantly. He was brain dead but his heart was still beating, they was able to transplant his heart to a man that needed one. So part of him is still living on.

    Chad
    Home Made Receiver Hitch Ball Mount

    I took two pieces of scrap metal and welded myself up a slide in ball mount for the receiver hitch I installed on my truck.

    The Square tube was originally made to be installed into a receiver hitch as it came off an old wheel chair rack that mounted into the receiver hitch.

    The plate was part of a slide in camper tie down. I Pulled trailers with this ball mount for many miles without problems.

  3. #33
    Veteran Member chad22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,621
    Location
    Kansas
    Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Sorry for your loss. I lost a cousin around 6 years ago, who was 15 at the time due to an atv (four wheeler accident) according to the investigation the throttle had locked in full speed position and he had just told his friend goodbye and waved to him as he was heading back home.

    He went through a fence and a piece of rebar went through his chin and through his brain and killed him instantly. He was brain dead but his heart was still beating, they was able to transplant his heart to a man that needed one. So part of him is still living on.

    Chad
    Home Made Receiver Hitch Ball Mount

    I took two pieces of scrap metal and welded myself up a slide in ball mount for the receiver hitch I installed on my truck.

    The Square tube was originally made to be installed into a receiver hitch as it came off an old wheel chair rack that mounted into the receiver hitch.

    The plate was part of a slide in camper tie down. I Pulled trailers with this ball mount for many miles without problems.

  4. #34
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    10,896
    Location
    Triangle Of North Carolina
    Tractor
    JD 4700

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Getting close to a decade ago, I would drive our oldest to and from school. We would go through a subdivision that was off a very busy road. That road had a bus stop for the subdivision and one across the street. The problem was that the bus stop for the subdivision was on the other side of the road so kids would have to cross that busy intersection. One morning a child was waiting as usual for the bus in her dad's car. She saw the bus driving up, got out of the car, darted across the road and was hit by a car which killed her. The car's driver was not at fault since the bus was still down the road and had not even gotten close to the intersection. The girl and the father simply were not paying attention.

    Here is something I HOPE the father of the child NEVER realizes but I am afraid he has. It was his fault on so many levels. All he had to do to prevent that accident was to DRIVE his car to the other side of the street to park and wait for the bus. But that would require him to make a left turn across traffic which would have taken him a bit of extra time so he stayed on the other side of the road which allowed him to quickly and easily make a right turn with traffic so he could get to work. I hope he never figures this out because I don't know how he could live with himself. He literally put his ease of getting to work over his child's safety. He was at the intersection every day for months and years so he had to know the danger but he did nothing to remove the danger to his child. All he had to do was cross the street in his car and wait....

    I really hope he never figures it out.

    Later,
    Dan

  5. #35
    Platinum Member familyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    592
    Location
    Perkiomenville, Pa
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    Getting close to a decade ago, I would drive our oldest to and from school. We would go through a subdivision that was off a very busy road. That road had a bus stop for the subdivision and one across the street. The problem was that the bus stop for the subdivision was on the other side of the road so kids would have to cross that busy intersection. One morning a child was waiting as usual for the bus in her dad's car. She saw the bus driving up, got out of the car, darted across the road and was hit by a car which killed her. The car's driver was not at fault since the bus was still down the road and had not even gotten close to the intersection. The girl and the father simply were not paying attention.

    Here is something I HOPE the father of the child NEVER realizes but I am afraid he has. It was his fault on so many levels. All he had to do to prevent that accident was to DRIVE his car to the other side of the street to park and wait for the bus. But that would require him to make a left turn across traffic which would have taken him a bit of extra time so he stayed on the other side of the road which allowed him to quickly and easily make a right turn with traffic so he could get to work. I hope he never figures this out because I don't know how he could live with himself. He literally put his ease of getting to work over his child's safety. He was at the intersection every day for months and years so he had to know the danger but he did nothing to remove the danger to his child. All he had to do was cross the street in his car and wait....

    I really hope he never figures it out.

    Later,
    Dan
    Why do you think that he doesn't know? His suffering is immeasurable.
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

  6. #36
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    10,896
    Location
    Triangle Of North Carolina
    Tractor
    JD 4700

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    Why do you think that he doesn't know? His suffering is immeasurable.
    Given that he never recognized the danger in the first place, I hope he never figures out the simple step he could have done to prevent the accident. His suffering is immeasurable with the loss of his girl. I think his suffering would be unbearable if he ever realizes that this accident was preventable.

    Later,
    Dan

  7. #37
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    511

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Maybe it's time to start installing cell phone disabling devices in cars. The # of deaths and injuries attributed to cell phone use is appalling .

  8. #38
    Platinum Member familyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    592
    Location
    Perkiomenville, Pa
    Tractor
    Kubota L2800DT

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Quote Originally Posted by kidr View Post
    Maybe it's time to start installing cell phone disabling devices in cars. The # of deaths and injuries attributed to cell phone use is appalling .
    I agree with you, this cell phone thing has gotten out of hand and it's killing people. It killed my son.
    Like so many things though, we tend to want to control the activity by controlling the device.
    My suggestion would be to make the penalties mean something, something this society is always reluctant to do. If it's proven that you caused an accident while using a cell phone, automatic 5 years in jail. If someone dies in that accident, automatic 25 years.
    I thinks that's the only effective means of control.
    Meanwhile, no one takes it seriously.
    We live in an irresponsible society and a very dangerous world.
    I'm glad my son had the 16 years of life that he lived. None of us has a guaranteed amount of time, but we had damned sure better start valuing life and taking better care of each other than we do.
    Kubota L3800HST, LA 463 FEL, Woods BH80-X backhoe, Befco 6' BB, Woods RM59, Woods LR72
    I work, therefore I am.

  9. #39
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    With respect, I must correct you there.

    One does not get over the pain. You live with it, every day for the rest of your life. A part of you withers, another part goes numb, yet another slowly strengthens. However, you are no longer you. It is a kind of death for the parent as well.

    Achingback, Mossflowerwoods and Sutol understand this. It's my great hope that none of the rest of you ever will.
    I visit the TBN site almost daily to gain as much info and knowledge from everyone here but rarely post. I felt compelled to post today because I too lost a son. 13 yrs ago to Huntingtons disease. He would have been 21 this year on Jan.3rd. Think of him every day and always wonder. Familyman just nailed it, you never get over it.

  10. #40
    Elite Member jimmyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,067
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

    Default Re: In remembrance of my son.

    Wow, what a discussion. I am so sad for those of you who've suffered these losses. God be with you all.
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. Son graduated
    By RobertN in forum Family and Friends (Announcements & Notices)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 09:29 PM
  2. Son of a Farmer
    By bnoland in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
  3. Finally have me a son!
    By Kyle_in_Tex in forum Family and Friends (Announcements & Notices)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
  4. My Son...............
    By TBAR in forum Rural Living
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 12:51 PM
  5. Dear American Soldier -- A Gift in Remembrance of 9/11
    By rancar in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2002, 01:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.