cancer head

/ cancer head #91  
Brandi --- my son lives at 288S and hwy 6....straight shot up 288 to the medical center. Took us 25 minutes from getting in the car to walking in to the center. We drove from here to medical center in just over 2 hours last week, but my first appt tomorrow is in the a.m. and I don't want to fight early a.m. traffic from here so we are going down tonight. How it's all going to play out later we just don't know yet. Wife said she'll take off work however much she needs but we have our g'son that needs to stay in school here.
Eddie---sounds like your Dad is tough. Hope I can be as tough and heal as easily.

Okay. Not that far from Hobby Airport.
hugs, Brandi

/ cancer head #92  
Here's wishing you a successful treatment and speedy recovery. You and yours will be in my prayers. Rob

/ cancer head #94  
Mike,

Give us an update. How are things going?

/ cancer head #95  
Mike,

Give us an update. How are things going?

/ cancer head
Start a combo of radiation and chemo on Monday. There will be 33 radiation treatments, 5 days a week and 1 chemo per week for 7 weeks. I'll be living with my son and the wife will join me during the last 3 weeks. Then there's a month of recovery after the treatments are over. They say the worst of it is the last 2 weeks plus the 2 weeks immediately after treatment. So the bad news is - I'm looking at a tough couple of months....but the good news is -- it's one of the more curable cancers and except for a lifetime of daily mouth and gum maintenance I should come out the other side in good order. ....I'll let ya know ...They fitted me for a mask. It holds the target (me) in the exact same position for each treatment so the rad gun shoots right where they want it to.

Attachments

• mask1.jpg
    mask1.jpg
    505.6 KB · Views: 179
   / cancer head #97  
Good luck Mike I'll be praying for you.

/ cancer head #100  
Mike,
Best wishes. Your family is there for you and your friends on TBN are always here. Stay strong.