cancer head

/ cancer head #121  
Mike, Kathy asks me a couple of times a week if I've heard from you. I told her you were out-of-pocket since you were staying closer to the treatment center. I'll give her your report. I'm sorry you are having trouble swallowing. Can you wash that oatmeal down with Shiner Bock?;)

/ cancer head #122  
Halfway is a big milestone to pass. Stay strong and keep at it. You'll be back to enjoying solid foods soon enough.

/ cancer head #123  
Mike , I am keeping you in my prayers, hang in there!!!

/ cancer head
Jim----wish I could :) ... but off the alcohol due to conflict with the chemo. We get to go home for the weekend. My treatment tomorrow is at 0750 so we should be home by noon. Monday it's at 1310 so it means 3 nights at home. With the 2" of rain we got last weekend I'm betting we'll be mowing this weekend and the wife's car needs an oil change.....YEH!....normal stuff!!!....then week 5 starts. Active treatments through week 7 then home for weeks 8 & 9 that they say are the worst, but then recovery after that is fairly quick. Radiation damage is accumulative which is why the worst of it is at the end. Think taking meat out of the microwave and letting it sit for 5 more minutes to finish cooking.

/ cancer head #125  
Mike, I know there's lots of different kinds of cancer, so maybe no comparison, but when I was going to the Traffic Institute at Northwestern University for the 1971-72 school year, we had a Canadian Mounty (sub-inspector; equivalent to our lieutenant rank) in the class, and when he was diagnosed with cancer, he checked with his department to see if they wanted him to return to Canada for treatment, and they left it up to him, if he thought he could make it through the school. I don't recall how long he was in the hospital, but some of his classmates, including yours truly, went to the hospital, and later to his apartment, every day to help him keep up with the lessons. Man, that radiation made him look like he'd been cooked. But he made it through the school, recovered from the cancer, and was doing well the last time I heard from him, many years later. So as the old sayings go, there is no doubt it's a tough row to hoe, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

/ cancer head
that radiation made him look like he'd been cooked......Exactly Bird....You should see my left ear lobe. It looks like a mini pork chop ready to take off the grill.:laughing: I use a skin cream they recommended every morning and night to help keep the blistering effect to a minimum. So far so good. I've got a burn around my neck like I was tractoring all week without a hat. Hoping the cream keeps working as long as possible.

/ cancer head #127  
Mike let me add my good thoughts for you to the list of others. Hang in there, not an easy treatment to go through.

MarkV

/ cancer head #128  
Mike, good to hear from you. Enjoy the "normal stuff" and being home over the weekend. Painful but sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ cancer head #130  
I concur, one day at a time.

You are in my prayers.