cancer head

/ cancer head #32  
Stay strong and don't give up!

The doctors can do so much these days compared to 10 years ago even.

Knowledge is power - you know what is wrong so now use that to do what you can to fight it.

You're in my prayers.

/ cancer head #33  
Mike, I don't know how I missed this thread the last couple of days. Just keep rowing, and vent all you want, because we want to hear from you and hear how it's going. We'll be hoping for, and expecting, good news.

/ cancer head #34  
Having had the unfortunate first-hand experience of dealing with cancer and it's lingering aftereffects, I can only say this... No words are sufficient to describe the experience, and no words of encouragement can make it any easier, but I wish you well.

If you need someone to talk to, vent to, or simply to listen, my PM box is always open.

/ cancer head #35  
Mike, I am very sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up and your positive attitude. Vent all you want.

/ cancer head #36  
Alkaline is good. Totally sugar free is better. You can live without sugar. Cancer apparently cannot. Think long and hard before you subject yourself to chemo. Ask any doctor who advises it if they would truly follow their own advice in your situation. You may be surprised by the answers.

/ cancer head #37  
I had cancer in 1990 at age thirty, surgery followed by radiation. Been clean since.

You have the right frame of mind, reading and studying.

Ask all the questions you can think of. Sometimes I think the doctors are afraid to tell you to much unless you ask.

When the radiation starts...rest! It will wear you done and my docs didn't tell me what to expect.

Best wishes and prayers...

/ cancer head
Thanks everyone for the support. My daughter sent me a cancer fighting cookbook. There's stuff in there I didn't even know was food. Kombu? ....they want me to cook Gumby? OH NO! Is Mr Bill next? ....This is going to be an all new adventure fer sure. Not one I'd prefer to take ...but there it is.Next week is pre op on Monday - surgery on Thurs then we'll see. I'm already into my lifestyle change. Figure why wait? It's going to be a learning curve and a head start should serve me well....I hope. Sugar is definitely out. Apple cider vinegar in. Now there's a change!

/ cancer head #39  
I didn't even know was food. Kombu? ....they want me to cook Gumby?

And I didn't even know what Kombu and Gumby were until I looked them up just now.:laughing:

/ cancer head #40  
You've got a winning attitude, Mike. It may save your life. Not only is sugar out, but everything that converts easily to sugar is out too. Breads, simple carbohydrates, and the like. I practice the Paleo/primal diet/lifestyle, so I'm pretty much doing it anyway - even with no cancer diagnosis. You can do it. And thumbs up to unpasteurized apple cider vinegar. Bragg is the brand to get.