cancer head

/ cancer head #1  

mikim

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TC45
Diagnosis came in Thurs eve. Told the family. Find that it is a very hard short little statement to repeat. "I have cancer". I have a mass in the left side parotid gland which is one of the saliva glands. Biopsy shows it malignant. Suppose to have surgery next week. Then radiation to follow that and chemo if required after that. I've been modifying my diet to lose weight ...now I'm changing that to fight these awful little cells causing this problem. What I've read so far is that eating to make your body as alkaline as possible helps. There was one place too that said being in ketosis can help ...but it looks like the foods to eat for each are in contradiction so....still studying. I figure the doctors have their job to do -- but I'm not going to just sit in the boat - I can row too.

/ cancer head #2  
Mike, I think all of us fear that diagnosis, especially those of us who are former smokers. We are really sorry you have to go through this, but we kno w you are a fighter, and you will give it all you've got to get this mess out of your body. We are on your team with good wishes and anything else we can do. God bless you as you move forward with this battle.

/ cancer head #3  
So sorry to hear that, I had to have a tumor removed a few months ago and was on pins and needles until the biopsy came back as non-malignant, follow up in a few months to make sure, but it is surely a scary thing to find out. Another member had a recent incident with colon cancer and is doing well now; best of wishes to you.

/ cancer head #6  
Get well Mike. You've got the right attitude, get involved.
I'm working through some skin cancer right now. It's not easy to hear.
You are in our thoughts and prayers.

/ cancer head #7  
I understand the uncertainty. Had a tumor in my chest. You are in my thoughts and prayer.

/ cancer head #8  
Thoughts and prayers are with you Mike........get well soon!!!

/ cancer head #9  
Mike,
I had cancer a few years ago, prayers and surgery pulled me through. I'll wish you a complete recovery and pray.

/ cancer head #10  
I too am a Cancer survivor went thru chemo in 2010 for Leukemia. Makes you look at things differently and no sweating the small stuff. God Luck and God Bless.