Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
The story has now become national news. A very dear friend of my wife called yesterday at noon to say that her son, Montague County Deputy James Boyd had been shot while making a traffic stop in Bowie, Tx. Since that time, it is learned that his assailant was the same man who killed the Colorado Chief of Prisons. James is out of surgery with bone fragments removed from his skull/brain and a titanium plate installed over the skull. He is expected to make a full recovery after some delays and testing. He may have some memory loss, although he was conscious and reported the incident over his radio as the perp escaped. His heroic action quickly brought law enforcement and was key in the eventual capture/shooting of the escapee.

James's parents, Barbara and Hal Boyd, have been long-time friends with my wife before we were married. Hal was a Fire Captain in Lewisville, Tx and retired there about 10 years ago. They have two children, James and a daughter. James used to play with my wife's boys and always been a fine young man who worked hard and tried to do what is right. He got on with the Montague County Sheriff's Dept. several years ago to work part-time in the jail and has moved right up in rank to become a full Deputy Sheriff. He's especially known for his thorough work and records keeping.The Sheriff considers him a model deputy. James's father also has been working part-time with the department and they both do quite a bit of drug-related investigation and enforcement. Barbara runs a tax preparation service as she has for over 20 years. As a matter of fact, She uses a nice desk I gave her when I decided I no longer needed it.

I expect all of this to have a good outcome, but James is going to be sore for a long time. He's kind of a slight build and tall without much padding on his bones besides the bulletproof jacket he was wise enough to be wearing. Any good thoughts or prayers would be appreciated by both us and his family. James's actions initially and others subsequently have taken a very dangerous murderer off the streets for good. They are all heroes in my opinion.:thumbsup:

Another story from local Ft. Worth Newspaper.

Last edited:
   / Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #2  
Good thought and prayers coming James's way from here......we hope for a full recovery.:thumbsup:

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #3  
Hope your friend recovers . That perp should have been lowered in a pit long ago .

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #4  
Will do. Praying for the best. Ed

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #5  
Well wishes.

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #6  
prayers

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #7  
Will be thinking of him as will all of those of us in Missouri who worked with and knew Tom Clements. Deputy Boyd's actions and sacrifice are appreciated by all. I truly hope he makes a full recovery.

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #9  
Here's wishing the entire Family the Best. Prayers have already be said.

/ Please keep deputy James Boyd in your prayers #10  
Thanks for shareing info. Heal and restore in the name of "THE KING" of kings.

Boone

Attachments

• praying_cowboy_family.jpg
    praying_cowboy_family.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 388