Buried my dog today

/ Buried my dog today #1  

wmonroe

Elite Member
Tractor
1958 Ford 961 Powermaster
Took my dog today to get put down after fighting a virus for about two months. I don't remember the technical name for the virus but it attacks his blood cells and we discovered it first because he was bleeding into his eyes, out his ears, and internally all over. The vet put him on a bunch of medication and he seemed to be getting better over the next three weeks or so. Then he started losing weight and muscle mass no matter what we fed him and we were feeding him a lot. After his blood work the last two weeks kept getting worse we made the decision to put him down. It sounds stupid but It is the hardest thing I've done. He was my buddy and went everywhere with me out in the yard, followed me on the tractor, laid in the doorway of the barn or garage if I was in there working. I decided to bring him back and bury him here on the property, I guess that will be the last tractor activity he and I do together.
Thanks for listening.

/ Buried my dog today #2  
Losing a beloved companion is tough... even tougher when it's premature...condolences...

Do you know how your dog acquired the virus?

/ Buried my dog today #3  
Sorry to read about the loss of a friend, last year I had to put 2 down a week apart. It is always difficult.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Buried my dog today #4  
It sounds stupid but It is the hardest thing I've done.

Not stupid at all, no different than losing a family member. If you would like to honor his memory, when you are ready, go to a shelter and adopt another. There are millions of dogs waiting for a good forever home. :dog:

---------------------------------------------------------

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

/ Buried my dog today #5  
Having had to do this I know how hard it is, I am very sorry to hear this.

/ Buried my dog today #6  
I offer my Heartfelt Sorrow for your loss. This comes from the very Bottom of my Heart and Soul.

/ Buried my dog today #7  
That blows! I still miss mine 15 years later. It hurts. Sorry almost doesn't cut it.

/ Buried my dog today #8  
I had to do just that three weeks ago. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully our new puppy will be here in 30 minutes. He is a Rescue as well as Buddy was. They are making a home visit and if all goes well they will leave him here.

/ Buried my dog today #9  
I had to do just that three weeks ago. Sorry for your loss. Hopefully our new puppy will be here in 30 minutes. He is a Rescue as well as Buddy was. They are making a home visit and if all goes well they will leave him here.

Good luck...puppy mills and purebred breeders make me sick...

/ Buried my dog today #10  
Sorry for your loss.We lost one of English Pointers three wks ago,only five years old and in her prime.No need to go into details but it wasn't natural causes.Always sad,just remember the good times.