Buried my dog today

/ Buried my dog today #41  
My little girl Minnie had two seizures in rapid succession about a year and a half ago and it affected me the same way as you. It scared the heck out of me and all I could do was hold her and try to comfort her as best I could. It really was one of the worst times of my life. I took her to our vet as soon as I could and she said all we could do was wait and see if it happened again but fortunately she hasn't had a repeat.
I offer my condolences to EVERYONE that has lost a Pet. We get attached to our pets. I have had many dogs in the past and everytime one of them passed away, it was very hard. Our inside dog is almost 8 years old, and when her time comes, it's going to be hard for me, my Wife and Son. I have loved all my dogs, but the Love that I have for "Lady Dog II", is so great.

/ Buried my dog today #42  
We lost out Chocolate Lab "Our Daughter" overnight last night and found out this morning. Jazz had been a little heavy and started drinking a great deal more water than normal. I took her to the Vet about a month ago and he found high blood sugar. We decided to try limiting the treats and have her tested again in about 6 weeks. Last week she started to eat less and then over the weekend would eat almost nothing. I took her in Monday and she got a couple shots and some vitamins. Monday night, she would not eat anything and would not hold down water. I took her in Tuesday morning and the Vet decided she was dehydrated and to try hydrating her with IV, but could not get a good vein so decided to keep her overnight and do it under the skin. He mildly sedated her to keep her from pulling out the needles and checked heart and breating (both OK) she was sleeping calmly when he left last night - This morning she had passed away in the night.
We Loved Jazz and will miss her terribly - she was nearly 9 and had never spent a night without one of us. At least she did not suffer (had no pain) and we did not need to put her down. I had taken her fishing in our pond Saturday and we had a good time. We plan to have her cremated and put the ashes in the pond she loved so much. She would happily swim or go fishing with me all day. I wish she was here, but must believe we will have happy days again in Heaven.
BK so sorry for your loss. man that is hard the wife and i have lost 4 in our years of being together and i know it's tough. my labs were the worst loss 1 was 14 and other was 15 again i'm so sorry.

/ Buried my dog today #43  
Thanks, This is our first night without her and knowing she won't be back. We believed she would be coming home this morning. I don't blame anyone, at least she was aware and not in any pain until the last.
Jazz was a wonderful companion and will be missed !
I also give my best wishes to all who have lost a beloved pet.

/ Buried my dog today
Thanks, This is our first night without her and knowing she won't be back. We believed she would be coming home this morning. I don't blame anyone, at least she was aware and not in any pain until the last.
Jazz was a wonderful companion and will be missed !
I also give my best wishes to all who have lost a beloved pet.

Sorry for your loss.

/ Buried my dog today #45  
Thanks,

I've lost other dogs, but this is the first one we got together as a pup and after I was retired. Jazz was an inside dog and we took her everywhere if we traveled overnight or if we might not be home to let her out. She was ALWAYS a great dog and never a real problem. She was watching deer in the yard in this picture.

Watching Deer 1.jpg

/ Buried my dog today #46  
BK sorry for your loss. Know that you were a good companion to her as she to you.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Buried my dog today #47  
Thanks,
We did not expect to have her gone so soon, but we spent more time than usual telling her we loved her and I took her fishing the other day (something she loved to do in our pond). We knew she was not well, but not how close to the end it was.

Thanks to everyone and hope you can all deal with the loss of your pets. I understand how hard it can be.

/ Buried my dog today #48  
I know what your going through, we buried 2 dogs a year apart. One was 14 and the other was 11. It was like part of me was missing. Just remember the good times. We finally got a new pup about 4 years later. Sounds stupid but I see traits of the other 2 dogs in him. Sorry for your loss.

/ Buried my dog today #50  
Thanks guys !
We miss her, but it is getting easier knowing that if she had to go, at least it was not a long drawn out thing for her (or us).
We have asked to be informed by the receptionist at the Vet when local breeders have a litter of Chocolate Labs.
We don't want to "replace" her as that is not possible, but a new pup might keep us busy with the training etc.
We will see her again and until then all we can do is miss her and go on as best we can.