Birds should be happy!

/ Birds should be happy! #1  

farmgirl19

Tractor
1986 JD 1050, and 1941 Avery
The birds are building nests in my birdhouses, and doing the "wild thing". The horses began shedding like mad today. I groomed on some horses and sent a lot of hair flying. The birds use it for their nests too, and will sometimes swoop down and grab it as it rolls across the ground. Maybe this is a sign that Spring is really here, this time! After the temps the beginning of the week, I don't know who enjoyed their grooming time more, me or them! :cool2:

/ Birds should be happy! #2  
Put my martin houses up Monday and already have two pair moved in. I think the freezes are over!

/ Birds should be happy!
I have the Martin houses up too! You are a couple of hours farther south, than I am, so you should be safe. I hope freezes are gone, for good!

/ Birds should be happy! #4  
I mowed our yard several days ago. This was the first time this season. Whenever my Wife and I go on the front deck and drink coffee, the birds are picking all over the yard. I looked out the window and saw a Hawk perched on top of one of the 8/8's a couple of days ago. Hope everyone has a pleasant Spring.

/ Birds should be happy!
Yesterday, I mowed my lawn for the THIRD time this season. We had 0.5" of rain Friday night, and it is looking like we could get a shower this morning. I have my fingers crossed. Sorry if it rains on everyone's Easter Egg Hunt, but around here, we could get an inch of rain a day, for the next 6 weeks, and I am not sure my stock tank would be full then.

If you hear of some Texas lady, being arrested for doing a "naked rain dance", you'll know it was me! At least I live far enough away from others, that they won't be subjected to the sight! :eek:

/ Birds should be happy! #6  
Still haven't mowed grass yet but getting close lots of new areas seeded and new plantings by entrance walls and gate done waiting on mulch. Birds are busy at feeder but no activity at bird house yet