Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #21  
My mother's favorite joke was about a fellow sitting on the front porch crying. A neighbor came by and asked why he was crying. He said it was his 50th wedding anniversary. The neighbor asked why he would be crying about that, and he said, "Her dad caught us out behind the barn and told me, "You'll marry that girl or I'll see that you spend 50 years in prison" so I married her." The neighbor said, "So what's to cry about?" and the fellow says, "I'd have gotten out today."

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #22  
Wow! 50 years is a long time. I didn't even work 50 years before I retired. Congratulations!

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #23  
Congratulations Dennis, you've accomplished what many of could not, good for you!

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #24  
Congatulatons. Well done. Here's wishing You and your Wife, many more years together.

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #25  
Congratulations;with only 50% of couples bothering to get married and 50% of those getting a divorce you are in a select circle.It will be 43 years for us on Sept.5

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013
Thank you so much, gang...I'm overwhelmed by your gracious comments. Yeah, as most of you know marriage has its ups and downs, but our phylosophy has been that marriage and a family require commitments which of necessity put the marriage and family in the forefront if it is to survive...a little luck helps too. And yeah, I think I'll invite R.D. Murcer to our party. :laughing:

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #27  
Congrats to you and Sharn Jean. 50 years is quite an accomplishment. Hope to read your thread announcing 75 and 100!

All the best, you crazy kids.

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #28  
Congratulations!

Bird's mother had and excellent sense of humor.

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #29  
Congratulations to the both of you!

:cool2:

/ Fifty years married to the same woman...August 17, 2013 #30  
Refreshing to see a couple that really understand a promise of "for better or worse, till death do us part."