About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
Well, I'm still hiccuping this morning. Yesterday, I tried the spoon full of sugar and it worked for about an hour. After that, the hiccups came back. I checked online and the corticosteriods are the cause, it seems. I read that sucking the juice of a lemon often helped. About an hour after my hiccups came back after the sugar, I tried the lemon. It worked magically for about another hour. After that, neither sugar nor lemon juice worked. Maybe my stomach got tired of mixing it's own lemonade.:laughing:

Yesterday afternoon, my neighbor came over to borrow my backhoe so he could fill the gravesite for his dog. I walked out to show him how to start the TLB and operate the gearshift and shuttle. He had run a backhoe in the oil patch, so he knew most of the controls. When I came back into the house, I noticed my hiccups had stopped. They remained stopped for about an hour and came back. I found out that I could get up and walk, and the hiccups would stop for a few minutes. I ate dinner last night with no hiccups. Before bed, I had hiccups, but when I went to bed, they suddenly stopped. I woke to go to the bathroom a little after midnight, and when I came back to bed, the hiccups started again. They started and stopped all night, but I was able to sleep fairly well. Right before getting up this morning they came back. So it would seem that there is no consistent way to stop them. I'm drinking huge amounts of water as directed by the doctor. That doesn't seem to help me do anything except go to the bathroom often.:rolleyes:

Today is the 2nd day after chemo and I've got quite a few body aches similar to a mild fever (but I'm not running a fever). I can take ibuprofen for that. I'm not nauseous, so I'm thankful for that. I did try the rubbing my temple while drinking, and it did not work. Maybe I should ask my wife to take me to Hooters and try it there.:D

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #102  
I'm glad to hear you're doing well. My father had breast cancer. People actually made jokes when i told them. It's a hideous disease. PLEASE keep an eye on it, because of the lymph node involvement. A friend of mine was cancer-free for 14 years, and then it came back. It had been there all along, of course...the lymph system let it into her bloodstream, and it his very happily in her bones all those years.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #103  
Jim, can you take a very deep breath and hold it for about a minute? Sometimes that stops the spasm.
Dr Malpractice....:D

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #104  
Jim, can you take a very deep breath and hold it for about a minute? Sometimes that stops the spasm. Dr Malpractice....:D

Sure and if that doesn't work, go 2 minutes, 3 minutes... Work eventually :)

Glad your doing well Jim

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #105  
To get rid of hiccups you must go into a total relaxation mind/muscle mode. You think of nothing but relaxing your chest and throat and mouth, slow breathing, a few hiccups might slip in but the mind will win eventually. If you are relaxing right the spasms will be gone in about 4-5 minutes.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #106  
just saw this post, I had prostate cancer at 45, luckily I had supper with someone that did admissions to the surgery dep't. she said they get kids in their 20's with ******** cancer .and said all the men there to get checked, my psa was only .1 high. during a post op visit, the Dr mentioned breast cancer, he said its like walking in sand, and you know when you walk over a stone in the sand. thats what we should be looking for I guess, I had 2 cousins with breast cancer, both said they felt no lump the day before.I met someone that went through breast cancer, he said he felt luck to be alive, as they found the problem, and dealt with it,,

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #107  
Jim,
Been following your progress and just wanted to add my name to the list of folks pulling for a speedy recovery. Can't go past the barn or hop on my TC40DA without thinking about you.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
To get rid of hiccups you must go into a total relaxation mind/muscle mode.

That's very close to what I've been doing. I was lucky last night because the hiccups went away and allowed me to sleep well.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and info. This tread has become a valuable resource of info and encouragement.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #109  
Jim, glad it's improving. Yes, lots of good advice here, except if David/Sodamo really wants you to hold your breath four or five minutes, you'd better cheat...;)

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #110  
Jim, glad it's improving. Yes, lots of good advice here, except if David/Sodamo really wants you to hold your breath four or five minutes, you'd better cheat...;)

I knew I should have given you full credit when I wrote that LOL

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet