About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
Chemo is a love-hate relationship. I love what it is doing for me, but hate what it is doing to me in the short run. The next day after chemo, I started the hiccups. The first day (Friday) they were relentless; all this with an acid filled stomach. On Saturday, they would subside for an hour or two, but the terrible acid in my stomach remained. I was never sure whether a hiccup would throw a glob of acid reflux up my throat every time one occurred. I had a fairly good night on Saturday night because the hiccups subsided a bit and I was able to sleep most of the night without constant spasms in my diaphragm. Right after I got up yesterday morning, I had a 1/2 hour long bout with hiccups and then they went away. Knock on wood. . . they have not returned. Next, the problems shift to constipation. Despite taking laxative and stool softeners, my movements did not want to move. Finally, late yesterday afternoon, mother nature and I prevailed to get some relief. That seemed to make me feel better all over. It always does.:) To make things even better, I awoke in the middle of the night, last night, with another BM to finally get my shocked bowel back to some level of normalcy. Frankly, I never thought I'd be bragging about BMs here on TBN.:rolleyes:

So today, I feel mild nausea, but my stomach is not pouring out acid, and I'm not hiccuping. I slept very well last night and it's raining hard out this morning. Things are lookin' up.:thumbsup:

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #112  
Chemo is a love-hate relationship. I love what it is doing for me, but hate what it is doing to me in the short run. The next day after chemo, I started the hiccups. The first day (Friday) they were relentless; all this with an acid filled stomach. On Saturday, they would subside for an hour or two, but the terrible acid in my stomach remained. I was never sure whether a hiccup would throw a glob of acid reflux up my throat every time one occurred. I had a fairly good night on Saturday night because the hiccups subsided a bit and I was able to sleep most of the night without constant spasms in my diaphragm. Right after I got up yesterday morning, I had a 1/2 hour long bout with hiccups and then they went away. Knock on wood. . . they have not returned. Next, the problems shift to constipation. Despite taking laxative and stool softeners, my movements did not want to move. Finally, late yesterday afternoon, mother nature and I prevailed to get some relief. That seemed to make me feel better all over. It always does.:) To make things even better, I awoke in the middle of the night, last night, with another BM to finally get my shocked bowel back to some level of normalcy. Frankly, I never thought I'd be bragging about BMs here on TBN.:rolleyes:

So today, I feel mild nausea, but my stomach is not pouring out acid, and I'm not hiccuping. I slept very well last night and it's raining hard out this morning. Things are lookin' up.:thumbsup:

You taking Naps yet? You will and don't fight it

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #113  
naps, Tums and prunes. Prunes religiously...
You'll be done in no time.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #114  
And Tylenol

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #115  
Jim, also eat all the green veggies you can stand. It is better than any kind of pill form vitamin, and it will help you go to the bathroom. I'm glad you are feeling better. The father of one of my friends had kidney cancer. When he had his chemo, the government supplied him with pre-rolled cannabis to help keep the nausea down. He was a deacon in the church, but he would light up before he ever got out of bed. If not, his whole day was shot.

Larro

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men
Thanks guys for your continued putting up with my whining. I'm feeling pretty good this morning though my stomach is still shaky. I had a banana and a heated and toasted Jimmy Dean Delight for breakfast. That surely improved my outlook on the day. I slept very well last night with no surprises.

Every morning I take three vegetable laxative pills (like Senokot) and two stool softeners. They tell me at some point during chemo, I may have to go the other direction and grab the Imodium. I have plenty of both. I do love prunes and may get a bag of dried prunes just to chew on. That could help get the nasty bitter taste out of my mouth. What I do now is chew a couple of chewable Tums. That settles my stomach and gives me relief of that terrible mouth taste.

The hardest part is drinking a gallon of water during a day. I feel waterlogged. They tell me that drinking water is important to flush the kidneys and hold down infections in the urinary tract. I sure don't want any of that, so the water is just something I have to do.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #117  
Sounds as if it's not going to be easy, Jim. Good luck with it.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #118  
Thanks guys for your continued putting up with my whining.

He Jim, you just keep on posting. I am not seeing whining here, just a man sharing a life experience with the rest of us. My Step-daughter is going through this at the same time as you (she has lymphoma). She is having some of the same experiences as you. I guess it is just part of the treatment to get rid of this stuff. Hang in there, it will be better soon.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #119  
The hardest part is drinking a gallon of water during a day. I feel waterlogged. They tell me that drinking water is important to flush the kidneys and hold down infections in the urinary tract. I sure don't want any of that, so the water is just something I have to do.

You might be able to get on a " get up 5 times per night" commercial for Flomax or Avodart :)
Seriously, the water is very, very important and we are all glad you
are doing what is best for your recovery.
How long till the next chemo?

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #120  
Jim, have you tried a bit of lemon in your water? I'm not a big water drinker, but find the lemon somehow makes it more refreshing, especially with ice and leaves a good taste in my mouth.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet