Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Default Re: About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

Jim,
    Our neighbor had chemo many years ago. Her hair fell out and she wore a wig, a scarf, and she even had a hat with hair around the edges making it look like hair under her hat. She had fun with it. She was in her 60s and her gray hair grew back thick, wavy and brown! About 10 years later, she had to have chemo again, and it came back thick and strong again. She ended passing away from old age in her late 80's. Tough old gal. Good luck and best wishes to you.
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    NH TD5030, 861 Ford Powermaster, 555A Ford Backhoe, S150x SnapperPro ZTR, Polaris Ranger XP800

Jim, I am glad to hear that you are hanging in there. I wish the treatment was easier for you but hey, one day soon you will just be looking back at this little "bump in the road". As I mentioned before, my Stepdaughter is going thru chemo at the same time as you. She gets her 3rd treatment a week from today. Her WBC count went low and they are giving her a drug called Neulasta via injection. It helped get her count back up to normal. You might want to ask your Doc about it. Like you, She is loosing her hair and having to drink,drink,drink to flush that stuff out as well.

Keep us updated as you can. I will keep praying for you
    Chris

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your continued support and good thoughts. FG, I'm not surprised at all that your friend could have those kinds of symptoms. I love English muffins and eat a Jimmy Dean's Delight (egg/Canadian/bacon and cheese, or egg/turkey sausage/cheese) English muffin breakfast sandwich. Other than biscuits, I love split and toasted English muffins the best. . . or is that toasted plain bagels? Hmm. . .
    my kind of breakfast, however, I just usually eat some granola cereal with 2% milk.

Thanks for posting Jim, still praying for you and Mikim, and all cancer patients.
    there are 2 kinds of oats. Oats in front of a horse, and oats behind the horse.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

[QUOTE=m larro;3519034]Jim, I just joined today. I'm married to Larro Darro and I've been reading your thread for several days and in fact you're the reason I finally joined. Don't worry about your hair and mustache. I'm sure your wife would much rather have you without hair than not have you at all.

Thank you for your courage and for having this thread. Have been and will continue to keep you in my prayers.

my wife's straight hair came back curly and she loved it.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Well folks, I had another rough night last night. I felt great all of Monday and told my wife I had a hankering for some boiled potatoes. She fixed them for supper last night and I had potatoes and rotisserie chicken. Perhaps, I ate too many potatoes because I got very sick on laying down. After two visits to the throne room and taking ibuprofen and an anti-nausea pill that dissolves on your tongue, things started to settle down (about 1 AM). This morning I just stayed in bed and slept, and slept, and slept until 12:30 PM. I just finished a glass of apple juice and a banana. I've got my fingers crossed. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to what/when I get sick, but I'm going to make sure I just eat very small helpings and see if that helps.
    Jim

Tractor
    3930 Ford B1750 & B7500 Kubota

Sorry you had a bad night, Jim. Hope tonight will be better.

Larro

Tractor
    Kubota L3130DT, Kubota L185DT, JD LX277

Jim,

I hope things go better for you tonight. I can take about anything except being sick on my stomach. When I had my cancer I had to take 28 radiation treatments. One area they shot the radiation was through my stomach and it was rough at times. About the only thing I could eat, for some reason, was hamburgers. Everything else made me very nauseous.

I have heard chemo is worse so my thoughts and prayers are still with you
    I suffer from MPD...Multiple Project Disorder

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Sorry about that Jim, I can only guess how frustrating it is when you are tired and can't figure out what's causing it.
    there are 2 kinds of oats. Oats in front of a horse, and oats behind the horse.

Tractor

Well folks, I had another rough night last night. I felt great all of Monday and told my wife I had a hankering for some boiled potatoes. She fixed them for supper last night and I had potatoes and rotisserie chicken. Perhaps, I ate too many potatoes because I got very sick on laying down. After two visits to the throne room and taking ibuprofen and an anti-nausea pill that dissolves on your tongue, things started to settle down (about 1 AM). This morning I just stayed in bed and slept, and slept, and slept until 12:30 PM. I just finished a glass of apple juice and a banana. I've got my fingers crossed. There really isn't any rhyme or reason to what/when I get sick, but I'm going to make sure I just eat very small helpings and see if that helps.
    I switch to the BRAT diet when I'm having digestive troubles..... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Now's also a good time to sample the many wonderful flavors of jello!

Hope you recover quickly.
    MossRoad

Of It In Action!!!

Tractor

I switch to the BRAT diet when I'm having digestive troubles..... Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast. Now's also a good time to sample the many wonderful flavors of jello!

Hope you recover quickly.
    MossRoad

Of It In Action!!!

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast