About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #601  
Harvey, I have been pretty quiet here because despite my late wife being one very tough RN, the cancer was tougher. She fought it for 7 years, and mostly, I believe, due to a botched operation which spread her disease instead of excising it, three separate rounds of chemotherapy could not contain it. We were told most folks can only handle two full courses, but she went through every chemo cocktail made. We almost flew to Thailand for a month, because the therapies they now have in Texas and other top clinics were overseas first. My reaction to reading your note was one where instead of waiting, why not a preemptive strike with new therapy, (it may not even be a possibility in her case, I'm thinking and wondering aloud...).

Such a big part of this disease is the worry. Being in remission is a wonderful thing of course. We all want to be healthy.
My wife spent over 200 days in the hospital over her last two years, because she had faith in the medical system to fix her,
and for sure, they gave her a longer life. Which we both treasured. It was a little hard on me though. But it's what I signed up for and
I told her in the beginning I'd be there all the way for her. She went about 85 rounds. Fox Chase, Philadelphia But they weren't the ones who did
the bad operation, another local hospital, and Fox Chase recommended a different course of action. They might have been right, will never know.
I learned how to be her advocate, particularly at the end when repeated chemo and the disease affected her decision making.

I have a pillow downstairs that says Nurse's Are God's Angels and boy they sure are.
I took them donuts and bagels all the time. Sometimes it was all they had time to eat.

I would just keep asking if there's something other than these toxic drugs, as you call them rat poison.
It is hard to put into words how it makes you feel when someone you love has to take them.
I really, really think modern science is getting closer to a wholesale wipeout of cancer.
Let them start with your wife. Prayers to both you and Glenda because you are both in this.

You have one of the world's leading cancer clinics near you. Lot of cutting edge knowledge. May it all work for you. Drew

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #602  
Sorry to hear bad news, Harvey, and sure hope the next news from the doctors is better.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #603  
Prayers and best wishes for Glenda and you. Still planning on meeting up again sometime this winter.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #604  
Harv,
I'm still praying for Glenda and you.

Ron,
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret..................it is winter now here. 40-50 degrees and wet!
hugs, Brandi

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #605  
Harvey, my echocardiogram results were down to 35 at one time so I know a little how she is feeling in regard to cardiac output. We hope it picks ups so she can resume her treatments. Prayers sent.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #606  
Prayers for all cancer patients, especially Glenda.

I saw something on Facebook that showed some derivative from an Australian seed pod getting injected into tumors. It worked as a marker to get the body's immune system to attack. I pray for cures.

/ About 1 in 100 breast cancer cases are men #607  
Prayer for Harv and Glenda. Trying times at best.