Grandparents Day

/ Grandparents Day #11  
My Grandfather was my hero and role model. I held his hand when he died way too young at 72 years old. To this day I mange the business he started in 1949 and live in the house he bought in 1943. I couldn't escape the memories if I wanted to. I have one grandson who just turned 2 in April and I'm hoping and trying to be all to him that my grandfather was to me. I have much to share with him, hope I'm blessed with the time.

That is great to have such memories. My sons spent summers working with my father in law, a truly self made man, and stayed with him and my mother in law through the week. A good work ethic is really important to me and he helped immensely while still allowing time for "sody breaks" to just sit around and enjoy nature and the work they had done. He too died too young at 77 while driving his tractor building a road behind our house. Sadly my oldest son was the one who found him, but he handled it well.

Family gatherings always bring up everyone's favorite "grandpaw" stories along with some about grandmaw too also an amazing person, gone but not forgotten.

/ Grandparents Day #12  
That is great to have such memories. My sons spent summers working with my father in law, a truly self made man, and stayed with him and my mother in law through the week. A good work ethic is really important to me and he helped immensely while still allowing time for "sody breaks" to just sit around and enjoy nature and the work they had done. He too died too young at 77 while driving his tractor building a road behind our house. Sadly my oldest son was the one who found him, but he handled it well.

Family gatherings always bring up everyone's favorite "grandpaw" stories along with some about grandmaw too also an amazing person, gone but not forgotten.

Memories are great Larry.. My grandfather also instilled the work ethic in us kids when we were young.. Every Spring when school got out, the next day we shoveled out the barn that housed 25 cows all Winter.. Then we would round up our friends in the neighborhood at haying time to fill up the barn.. Those days no one asked for anything in return, especially money, but my grandfather would pack us all in the car after the second cutting was put up and drive us into town for dinner.. We could order ANYTHING we wanted off the menu, and to us that was like winning the lottery !!

I can't forget my grandmother on the other side of the family.. She was the stereotypical short stocky Italian grandmother.. Always remember visiting her and drinking her re-perculated coffee.. LOL .. The stuff would grow hair on your chest !! And she made the best chicken and polenta and homemade Italian cookies.. A real peach of a woman who I also miss dearly..

/ Grandparents Day #13  

Memories are great Larry.. My grandfather also instilled the work ethic in us kids when we were young.. Every Spring when school got out, the next day we shoveled out the barn that housed 25 cows all Winter.. Then we would round up our friends in the neighborhood at haying time to fill up the barn.. Those days no one asked for anything in return, especially money, but my grandfather would pack us all in the car after the second cutting was put up and drive us into town for dinner.. We could order ANYTHING we wanted off the menu, and to us that was like winning the lottery !!

I can't forget my grandmother on the other side of the family.. She was the stereotypical short stocky Italian grandmother.. Always remember visiting her and drinking her re-perculated coffee.. LOL .. The stuff would grow hair on your chest !! And she made the best chicken and polenta and homemade Italian cookies.. A real peach of a woman who I also miss dearly..