Grandparents Day

/ Grandparents Day #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
I'm not sure I ever knew such a thing existed as a National Grandparents Day, but I just learned that it's Sunday, Sept. 8, this year, but our 4th grader granddaughter's school is having a Grandparents Breakfast Friday Morning, Sept. 6, (sponsored by the PTA) so yep, that's where we'll be Friday morning.:laughing:

/ Grandparents Day #2  
Oh boy! Do we get presents? Cash would be good!

/ Grandparents Day #5  
Are you kidding????? In this Texas heat?:laughing:

:laughing: Bird it's been hot here too in GA....high 90's until just the other day...now a front is coming an maybe we will cool off a bit...I went to a grandparents day with my grand daughter a few years ago...it was a big deal for her...you will have a ball...eat before or after ..they did not serve much and , well you know...school cafeteria food but I ate it all and said how good it was...LOL

/ Grandparents Day
Bob, it was 104 here officially yesterday, although we saw a business that had 106 posted. But the cool front and rain got us down to a low of 73 this morning, but 90 now. And since my wife usually only has a banana for breakfast, and I have a bowl of oatmeal, I imagine the school breakfast will be plenty.:laughing:

Of course my preferred breakfast is two biscuits and two scrambled eggs buried in gravy along with a couple of sausage patties and/or bacon strips and some hashbrown potatoes. But with my age and weight, I don't do that more than once or twice a year anymore.:laughing:

/ Grandparents Day #8  
Enjoy the day while you still get the hugs. 30 years later, they and the great grandchildren hardly remember us. May your hugs last that long. Cheers, Mike

/ Grandparents Day #9  
Grandparents are often overlooked and under-appreciated and I am not saying that because I am a grandfather and great grandfather, but because my maternal grandmother was one of the most important people in my life and will always miss her.

Enjoy grandparents day.

/ Grandparents Day #10  
My Grandfather was my hero and role model. I held his hand when he died way too young at 72 years old. To this day I mange the business he started in 1949 and live in the house he bought in 1943. I couldn't escape the memories if I wanted to. I have one grandson who just turned 2 in April and I'm hoping and trying to be all to him that my grandfather was to me. I have much to share with him, hope I'm blessed with the time.