My dog had a stroke yesterday

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #11  
I sure hope he can make a full recovery, things could be worse. Thank god you still have him.
I just read that often the dog makes a full recovery, and a canine stroke is different than those that can effect humans. most are not anywhere near as serious.
Is the vet sure of this? I would like to know more about it if you want to share that.

Do Dogs Have Strokes? | petMD
How to Help Your Dog Through a Stroke: 5 Steps - wikiHow

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #12  
Getting immediate medical attention is always a plus, just as in humans. Hope your dog gets better soon.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #13  
Always sad to hear. We have to value the living. In the timeline of history we are all near death.
Hope he recovers and lives a longer, full life.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #14  
Sorry to hear about your dog. Is he at Angell Memorial in Jamaica Plain? No better place for a sick dog.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #15  
Yesterday morning, about 15 seconds after I walked out the door for work. My wife heard a bang on the other side of the door and found my 10 year old Weim on the floor having what looked like a seizure. I picked him up an rushed him to the vet where they gave him a shot to. Relax him so we could travel 20 miles to a better equipped hospital. He was still very disorientated and legs were flailing while the brought him to the ICU for more treatment. We visited him last night and he was alert and aware who we were but could not stand. This afternoon I visited again and he looks much better but still does not have the ability to stand on his own. He is being helped to walk by a sling and 2 vets guiding him. He has always been a very healthy fog,not overweight and only eats fog food, no people food. Has anyone else had anything like this happen? The thought of loosing him brings tears to my eyes.

Your dog is lucky to have such a great master.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #16  
Our Siamese cat had a stroke brought on by an atheistic during dental surgery. We nursed him along and fed him baby food on our finger tips. He had a full recovery after about three months and lived for many more years. There is hope. I hope your dog recovers.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #17  
We have had dogs that seem to have had strokes and recovered. It takes a while.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #18  
I wish your puppy a speedy recovery and the best for his Master.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #19  
I can fully emphasize with you Tom. About three years ago my little girl Minnie had two seizure in quick succession. Even though they were of just a few seconds duration they seemed to go on forever and I have never felt so helpless in all my life. This happened around midnight so as soon as I could I took her in to the vet next day but they didn't do much except say take her home and keep an eye on her since she was walking and seemed almost normal. It did take quite a few days for her to get back to her old self. She has recovered fully and hasn't had one to this day.

/ My dog had a stroke yesterday #20  
I had a similar experience with my then almost 9 year old lab/shepherd in October of 2012 (i.e. 15 months ago). She came in from fetching a stick in the water and, instead of running up and down the beach with the usual "look at me" joy, she dropped the stick, stared it, and trembled with a worried look. We sat and recovered but she seemed near death for the next week. We made two vet visits during the next week and she could hardly walk. She sort of shuffled in 1" steps.

They did heart, blood, x-rays and joint fluid tests. The vet said x-rays and fluid tests indicated fairly severe arthritis in the front legs and shoulders. But I said that was definitely not the main concern and the vet agreed. She was lethargic and barely mobile for 7 days. I was sure she would die. A neighbour was building a new driveway and I was planning where to have him dig a hole with the excavator.

On the 8th day there was noticeable improvement and she was fully recovered a few days later. But she has steadily aged over the last year and there have been other incidents when she seems to completely run out of energy and we have to let her rest. But they aren't dramatic and confusing like the first attack.

The first incident seemed like a stroke, but other attacks seem more like a failing heart(her tongue sometimes turns blue). Until her first episode she was a very high energy dog. Now she's geriatric but still incredibly happy and still loves (slower) walks with lots of rests. She will turn 10 in a couple of weeks so it seems too soon for this to be happening.

The good thing about this is she is completely happy--a good lesson for us. I think the episode made us more fully appreciate each day we have with her, and hopefully she'll be around for several years.

I hope your experience is more like Mace Canute's and your buddy completely bounces back.