Another of the Greatest Generation has passed

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #1  

cqaigy2

Tractor
PT 422
I just want to tell those of us from the United States, that, today, we have lost another of those from the Greatest Generation. My Father, WWII Army Air Corp. bomber pilot, veterinarian and father. Even though I know he is in a better place, the sun will shine a little less brightly without him with us.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #2  
My sympathies to you. My dad is 93, also a veteran of WWII, having served in the navy. They sacrificed so much and made this country great. I know you're proud of him. I'll say a prayer for your family tonight.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #3  
I'm sorry to hear that your father passed and please let me tell you that I thank folks like your father and mine for all they did for our country and the world for that matter. The Greatest Generation is right. I will say a prayer for your father. G.F.Perry

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #4  
I lost my dad about 12 years ago who was also a member of the greatest generation. We had our disagreements when I was growing up but I still think about him every day. I just wish that our public and private school system would teach more history of their tremendous sacrifice. Today's young folks have so little understanding of what was at stake from 1939 to 1945.

You obviously have great memories of a good man that will be with you forever.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #5  
Sorry for your loss. My wife's grandfather is from that generation, fought in WWII and Korea with the Navy, and still with us (in his late 80s). Those folks are treasures.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #6  
Sorry for your loss. Thankful for his service. The world would be a very different place without their triumph.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #7  
I am sorry for your loss. My father also was a WWII combat vet. I lost him over 40 yrs. ago.
They made the world a better place.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #8  
My deepest condolences for your loss.

I lost my father about 3 years ago and still miss him every day. But the thing that I keep in mind is that he every day he tried to make sure that he left this world a better place than he found it. He was a couple years too young for WWII, but joined the Army as an "older recruit" for Korea. The local VA folks did a wonderful job honoring him at his funeral -- gun salute, flag, taps... I'm so glad that even after all these years, they haven't forgotten about the service that people like our fathers and grandfathers provided to make this country great.

There will be a special prayer at bedtime tonight in our household for you and your family, my friend.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #9  
Over here in the east of England we are surrounded by the airfields that were the homes of those young men of the Eighth bomber force for those 3 years or so. I grew up long after but the shadow remains. I made it my business to learn of their brave exploits and have the utmost respect for these men.
As I write this I sit about a mile or so from the edge of station 174 built for the 486th Bombardment group.

I salute your father, and thank his kind for the world I grew up in.

/ Another of the Greatest Generation has passed #10  
My sympathies to your family.
I lost my Dad 25 years ago. Mom also passed 33 yuears ago. Both from the Greatest Generation. Dad was in WW II also in the Army Air Corp.