Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year)

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year) #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
- my 2010 car accident claim is now settled... claim is done, pain remains - I think it was a decent settlement :) ... when the dust settles financially and the debts are paid, I might be able to get my long awaited Kubota.
- home office (taxes, bookkeeping, marketing) and studies continue for Business Administration diploma
- celebrated 19th Anniversary last week
- wife's health is improving, but still in a lot of pain, migraines, and struggles (using a walker now) ... fibromyalgia and other conditions - we're praying our way through this, but it's in the right direction
- oldest daughter completed her 2nd yr of university studies, Pre-Medicine, so proud of her, goal is to be a family practice Dr.
- middle child (daughter) graduated from high-school last weekend (photo below), now off to be a camp counsellor at Bible Camp, then to Belize for Missions work for 8 months, with Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
- son is completing grade 10 and has spent much of the past two months competing in track & field sports competitions, including Provincials (8th overall) - the kid's a rocket in the short distance races :)
- bear patrol is in full gear with the Jack Russell, and the Anatolian Shepherd

11406890_460791047431339_8304045002573741115_n.jpg

Last edited:
   / Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year) #2  
Welcome back and sorry about the accident. Did someone hit you?
Sounds like you have a great family. Lovely daughter, enjoy while you can as they will all be gone way too soon.

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year)
Welcome back and sorry about the accident. Did someone hit you?
Sounds like you have a great family. Lovely daughter, enjoy while you can as they will all be gone way too soon.

thanks mddorange - the accident was the other driver's fault, but I almost t-bone him in the process (hitting driver's door frame hinge area), he had stopped at an intersection stop sign, I noted that and made eye contact, then I attempted to carry on down the main road (no stop sign for me), with 20 ft to go / I was already over the marked crosswalk - and he pulls out to cross the street, I had nowhere to go and did the best I could at 35 kms / hr to minimize the crunch (1.5 seconds ???). unavoidable. My car's engine dropped to the pavement, his car's front axle broke in half... back injury resulted, for me life-changing. But I carry on and make the best of it. it is a 5 yr chapter that I can now close.

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year) #4  
Sounds like there are some hard things in your life but some wonderful things as well. it is always wonderful to hear of kids doing that well.

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year) #5  
Glad to hear things are going well for you! Best of luck.

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year) #6  
I'm glad to hear your situation is improving physically and financially. I've been down that road and sure know what it's like; best of wishes.

/ Scaredychicken's Quick Update (been away for about a year)
thanks all