Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #21  
This is a great picture of Mikim, TexasDon, Jinman, Mikim's grandson, and yours truly.

Now I ask you, is that Mikim a hansome happy young man in this photo?

You bet he was. You see Mike, Don, and Jim were what I called the TBN's three musketeers. They had a special relationship and to be honest, I was a little, well, more than a little envious of it. And the reason Mike was so happy was because he was doing something for Jim.

Jim passed away six or seven weeks after this photo. Mike will be buried one year later, to the day.

My heart is heavy because of my loss. But my loss is nothing compared to my friend Don's. He's the last of TBN's three musketeers.

When I hear someone say something about the internet and the phony friendships etc I have to smile. You see some of my best experiences involved some of those internet friends, people like Jim, Mike, and Don. We built a bridge, a carport, a couple of neat gates and we installed an elevator. All of it because we could and it was fun.

Life is short. And some make it a lot more interesting because they love and do for all the right reasons, gonna miss you Mike Kennedy.

Harvey,
That photo was taken the day I met all Y'all. But Mike reached out to me way back when I was asking about cedar fence posts. Out of the blue he stated here on TBN.............I have some left over and your welcome to them! I really enjoyed that day (short as it was) getting to know Y'all and help build Mike's gate.
hugs, Brandi

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #22  
Sounds like a fine man and a great friend. My condolences to all of Mike's friends and aquaintances, and of course his family.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #23  
This is sad news indeed. Prayers for the family. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help his adopted grandson. I'd throw some money in a hat for a scholarship fund in honor of Mikim.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #24  
Let me know if there's anything we can do to help his adopted grandson. I'd throw some money in a hat for a scholarship fund in honor of Mikim.

Great idea. I'd pitch in a little too.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #25  
Harvey, you are the 4th musketeer.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #26  
This is sad news indeed. Prayers for the family. Let me know if there's anything we can do to help his adopted grandson. I'd throw some money in a hat for a scholarship fund in honor of Mikim.

Me too. Sounds like this kid has had a rough go of it. Parents then surrogate parent. I can't even imagine.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #27  

Great idea.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #28  
I'm in!

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #29  
RIP Mike and prayers to his family.

/ Tractorbynet Lost a Member and Many of Us Lost a Good Friend #30  
Ganzer is the greatest! We're in. Now, all we have to do is figure out how to do it.

I wonder if one of the local tbn'rs can discuss such a fund with a bank in Bastrop or immediate area. What I think would be ideal would be an account in Mike Kennedy's name for Trevor's education that we can contribute to via the internet, credit card etc.

I can't think of a better or more meaningful idea to celebrate Mike's too short presence amongst us.