Hating cancer; it took my Mom

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
I hate cancer. It took Jinman from us and others here on TBN have been thru it or affected by it.

Last Friday it took my Mom, less than a week after her 73 birthday.

She fought and beat it the first time around; mastectomy, chemo and radiation. Was doing well for almost two years.

It came back stage-4; she couldn't beat it this time.

Having worked at or around Intel since 1984, and having seen some of the computing horsepower used for Cray's and other super computers, I wish they could direct more of that to modeling a cure...

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #2  
I hate cancer. It took Jinman from us and others here on TBN have been thru it or affected by it.

Last Friday it took my Mom, less than a week after her 73 birthday.

She fought and beat it the first time around; mastectomy, chemo and radiation. Was doing well for almost two years.

It came back stage-4; she couldn't beat it this time.

Having worked at or around Intel since 1984, and having seen some of the computing horsepower used for Cray's and other super computers, I wish they could direct more of that to modeling a cure...

Sorry to hear about your mom Robert. My wife is a cancer survivor. I know how you feel.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #3  
Sorry to hear that. I lost my mom 2 years ago last Friday to Ovarian cancer. Like yours, she beat it once, but a year or so later it came back with a vengeance. She was 68 and retired basically because she was on chemo and couldn't work. Never got to enjoy it. I'll remember you in my prayers as I know this is a tough time for you. I'm still not over it and probably never will be. She was a wonderful woman and mother.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #4  
So sorry to hear of your loss. I too am a cancer survivor. 2010 Chemo so been 6 years. You look at things differently after.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #5  
Robert, Sorry for loss of your Mother, count me in on the list of those that despise cancer.
Harvey's wife has also gone through treatment and now, hopefully, she will keep it at bay, and I sadly witnessed the DNR for Jim's breast cancer.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #6  
My sister who was 11 years older than I, the one sibling who watch what she ate and tried to take care of her health lost her battle to cancer 12 years ago at age 62 if my math is correct. I do pray you are able to find peace and tractorshopper also, we only miss in degree to how much a person meant to us. Those who blessed us greatly we miss greatly. Lost my Mom soon be 10 years ago to heart attack that was sudden. You know one was months and hard battle and the other was quick with no idea of any pain but I miss cause of death does not affect the emptiness left by either's passing. One sad thing about living is the friends and family who do not.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #7  
Sorry to hear of your loss, we lost a brother and father, one of my brothers and I are both cancer survivors, it truly is a horrendous disease.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #8  
Sorry for your loss Robert. Lost my Mom at age 52 in 1978, Dad at 68 in 1990. Neither due to cancer though.

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #9  
Sorry to hear about your loss of your mother. That is always hardest when it is a close loved one.

I lost both my mother and father to cancer. My wife lost her mother to lung cancer when her mother was only 52.

I was treated for Prostrate cancer in 2008 and now have to battle all the problems left from it..

/ Hating cancer; it took my Mom #10  
Sorry to hear of your Mother's passing Robert. Lost my Mom to cancer. As you probably know, try to remember to good times when ever you get a chance and be sure to take care of your self.