Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2
She was too young to remember WW1, but the rest yes. Interesting many of the stories she had. Her mom had even more interesting stores, living from 1880's till 1978. I was fortunate to know great Grandma, as well as Grandma and her brothers/sisters.

I don't know many folks my age(54) that still have grand parents.

Shoot that's "recent" history... I see it a bit different, Great Depression, both world wars, no indoor plumbing, electricity, and even how vehicles have changed.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #12  
I don't know many folks my age(54) that still have grand parents.
I'm 55 and lost both parent (forget the grand parents), my wife still has her mom in her mid 80's and will most likely live to 100 (like her grandma did).

Wished I paid more attention to the stories of my Aunts and Uncles... they had great stories that I don't remember all of it.

Had a Uncle that used to build motors for early NASCAR (upstate NY)... the stories about how to get more HP out but not get busted by the officials were super cool (should have recorded those talks).

...and I don't know the full details but he would bore the underside of the pistons to get longer piston rods mounted. He was a really good mechanic. His snowmobiles were tuned to the max.

No way to go back in time???? ...and change things :D :D :D