Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
My Grandma passed away Monday. She had just made it to 104-1/2 years old. Lived a long productive life; still worked part time at 100 selling veggies at Farmers market. Although we didn't agree on politics, we were proud that she had volunteered to work local polling places for every election during that timeframe. Saw the first computers, space missions, man on the moon. Pretty amazing to think about.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #2  
Cool!
I'm still a fair way from there but it is amazing the major innovations that have occurred in the last century.
Kinda scary to think of what comes next.
My mom made it to 98, uncle to 102 and I am pushing close to 80.
Wonder how for I'll end up.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #3  
...Saw the first computers, space missions, man on the moon. Pretty amazing to think about.
Shoot that's "recent" history... I see it a bit different, Great Depression, both world wars, no indoor plumbing, electricity, and even how vehicles have changed.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #5  
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you got some of her genes.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #6  
Sorry for your loss. That is a life worthy of celebration for sure. I have to agree with teg.....she had seen so many historical events along with modernization. The old timers are all gone in my family (great gram lived to 102) and wow how things are different for us and our children. From the junk we eat to the ridiculous things our kids have these days I just don't see going that long but hey, every day is a new one.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #7  
Sorry for your loss...thoughts prayers.
All the history your Gramdma live thru no class could ever teach.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #9  
My condolences.

/ Grandma passed shortly after making it to 104-1/2 #10  
Condolences, Robert. We lost my Wife's Grandmother last Spring just shy of her 96th birthday. Every time someone would mention "the good old days" to her, she would talk about growing up with no electricity, no indoor plumbing, everything was hard work, and living in a house with a dirt floor. Then she'd finish with, "Those old days really weren't so good."