Lost a good buddy today

/ Lost a good buddy today #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I had one of my best friends pass away today, he was 49YO. He was diagnosed with cancer in May and it overcame him fast. We both started our careers together after college and remained best friends since. I saw him again on Friday and knew his days were becoming short, but thought we still had time to spend together. I'll be working in his town next week and was planning to visit with him every night after work. This was too soon. This one hit me kind off hard. Thanks my good friend, you touched my life and I'm a better person because of it.

/ Lost a good buddy today #3  
Sorry for your loss. I HATE CANCER.

I try to pray daily for healing, cures and the medical staffs and scientists that are fighting this battle.

/ Lost a good buddy today #4  
Hate to hear this, sorry for your loss. The cruel reality of life is that we lose the ones we love at an increasing pace, and early unexpected passings are the worst. Not sure if I am right in doing so but I use these things as motivation to do things I have always wanted to do and perhaps that others never got the chance to do. Life is short, not fair and cannot be taken for granted. Early losses magnify our blessings.

/ Lost a good buddy today #5  
I understand your feelings and can sympathize with your loss. Good friends do not come easy.

/ Lost a good buddy today #6  
Sorry for the loss of your friend...cherish the memories.

/ Lost a good buddy today #7  
I understand your feelings and can sympathize with your loss. Good friends do not come easy.

Yes, that's very true. Before I retired, 5 couples of us (neighbors) were best of friends. Three of the men, and one of the women, are gone now, and the youngest of the men went first to cancer.

/ Lost a good buddy today #8  
Over the years I've lost two very good friends. It seemed like you'd just get close and they were gone.

/ Lost a good buddy today #9  
Sorry for your loss........way too young..........cancer takes way too many early. Thoughts are with you.

/ Lost a good buddy today #10  
Sorry to hear that Ganzer. Keep in mind that the best thing you can do is try to live your life in ways that would make him proud. As long as you keep his memory alive he is still around.

We just found out a good friend five years younger than me has very serious skin cancer. He’s a good old boy that was too tough to go to the doctor even though he had great insurance etc. Doc told him that if he had came in a year and a half ago it would have been just a hiccup. Now it is very serious.