We Lost a Child

/ We Lost a Child #1  

BrokenTrack

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractors, Skidders, Bulldozers, Forestry Equipment
It was kind of a sad day, Katie (my wife) and I unfortunately experienced a miscarriage last Thursday.

We are saddened by the loss for sure. We love children, have four daughters of our own, (4,10,11 and 12), yet would have loved to had welcomed another into this world. Sadly, for whatever reason, it was not to be.

It did not really hit me until I went to church though and saw a few other pregnant women and was rather despondent, only because they will get to see their children born, grow, and cherish them, and Katie and I will not have that pleasure. Of course having all girls, I can only wonder now if the child was a boy? Regardless of the gender, it is a sad loss.

However, our heart can really be compassionate for others who have experienced the complete frustration of trying to have children, and not being able to. To experience something like this, sometimes again and again, would be incredibly difficult; probably one of the most frustrating and strenuous things upon a relationship. To experience our loss; small compared to some granted, ultimately could be good because it is one thing to be sympathetic to others, but to be empathetic is far more personal. Maybe down the road this loss will enable us to comfort others who have been where we are.

/ We Lost a Child #3  
Special thoughts/prayer to your family BT.

/ We Lost a Child #4  
Sorry for the loss, God is in control even if we do not understand why he does things sometimes.

/ We Lost a Child #5  
Broken Track, I am sorry for your loss. That little one got to bypass this world and is enjoying the splendors of heaven for sure. Hug those 4 girls a little tighter.

/ We Lost a Child #6  
Broken Track, I am sorry for your loss. That little one got to bypass this world and is enjoying the splendors of heaven for sure. Hug those 4 girls a little tighter.

I hope you don't mind but I'd like to change this a bit. There's five girls there that need hugs.

Broken Track my condolences to you and your family.

/ We Lost a Child #8  
Sorry for your lose. Prayers for all of you,

/ We Lost a Child #9  
Heartfelt condolences for your family. Prayers sent for your healing and peace.

/ We Lost a Child #10  
I'm sorry to hear that. From everything that you post it's obvious that you are very good parents.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.