An Humble Request...

/ An Humble Request... #1  

silo36

Tractor
YM1700
One of my dearest friends was diagnosed with leuchemia a few days ago. We live in a very rural community and for the most part, very close knit. This man has dedicated his entire life to help others in their time of need. He is a firefighter.The man who personally trained me 23 years ago. We have stood together side by side to save people's lives and property. We have cheered the victories together, and cried at the loss of life. He is now 600 miles from home in probably one of the best hospitals in this country. Right now he is very discouraged and scared. My request is that those of you that believe in prayer, join with his friends and family in asking God for mercy, healing, and grace to help him through this. If you choose to pray for him, his name is Bill Hamm.He is a firefighter/Emt for Paintsville Fire and Rescue in Paintsville, Ky. I read through the posts often, but usually don't say much. No doubt your friends are just as precious to you all as well, but this is my humble request. Thank you for taking time to read this post and may God bless.

/ An Humble Request... #2  
Will include Bill in our prayers.
Have been praying the last 5 days for a 9 yr old grand daughter who has had severe pain in her hip. Pain killer, and even morphine every hour wasn't helping, and antibiotics over 48 hours was not helping either. Today at 5 they operated and removed a lot of 'yuck' infection, and said there was no bone or cartilage damage, fortunately.
Hoping she will finally get some rest and get well.
We take 'good health' for granted, so often.

We wish Bill comfort and healing.

/ An Humble Request... #3  
Will do, Jeff. Welcome to TBN - I'm in & out here, but your post caught my eye. I asked & will continue to ask God for His will to be done, and for God to show His grace to Bill and all those around him right now, including you. Thank you for giving us this chance to pray.

/ An Humble Request... #4  
Done deal.

/ An Humble Request... #5  
Jeff, we're glad to comply with your request. Incidentally, my new Large Print Reader's Digest just came yesterday. I assume the same stories are in the regular edition, including one called Winning the War on Cancer. I understand there are different forms of leukemia, but you and Bill might want to read the story about a fellow who was diagnosed with terminal leukemia 8 years ago, but with one of the new medications now says, "My leukemia is undetectable." Such a diagnoses can be devastating, but there are reasons for hope.

/ An Humble Request... #6  
Many types of leukemia and lymphoma blood cancers in humans are sensitive to chemotherapy drugs and can be put into remission and/or cured with treatment. There are also many other methodologies that are available as well, check out this link for more infomation:

http://www.leukemia.org/hm_lls

/ An Humble Request... #7  
I grew up about 20 miles from Paintsville.

Bill has all the support I can muster.
Ben

/ An Humble Request... #8  
He's got my prayers and best wishes. So do you. (Things like this are almost as tough on friends and family as the person going through it)

/ An Humble Request... #9  
Will do. Praying for miracles, peace and comfort for Bill, his family and your community. He sounds like the kind of person you want and need around. Don't understand why things like this happen, but, I know God is in control and loves us beyond what we can imagine. Bill is lucky to have a friend like you.

/ An Humble Request... #10  
As a firefighter you are trained to never enter a hazardous area (burning building, MVA scene, etc) alone. You are always accompanied by at least one other person, a person who you can depend on to save your life if necessary. I am sure that your friend Bill looks upon you and his other friends in that way and just knowing that you are all there for him will bring great relief. Know that he is in my thoughts and prayers and wish him a get well so he can get back to work ASAP. I'm sure your department misses him.

Bonehead