Over the river and thru the wood

/ Over the river and thru the wood #1  

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Couldn't resist the need to post a picture of Michigan this morning. 12 Degrees F. 20-30 mph winds.
But it sure looks beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
776846-thanksgiving05.jpg

Over the river and thru the wood,
To grandfather's house we go;
The horse knows the way
To carry the sleigh,
Thru the white and drifted snow, oh!
Oh, how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes,
And bites the nose,
As over the ground we go.

To have a first-rate play;
Oh, hear the bell ring,
"Ting-a-ling-ling!"
Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day-ay!
Trot fast my dapple gray!
Spring over the ground,
Like a hunting hound!
For this is Thanksgiving Day

/ Over the river and thru the wood #2  
That's certainly very pretty, Ron, but I'm glad we didn't have that kind of weather. Our "official" low was 40 this morning (my thermometer never got below 42), the high was 70, it's still 65 this evening, and our wind has just now picked up to 9 mph. It was a very pleasant day outside; as well as inside with the doors open. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Over the river and thru the wood #3  
You can keep the white stuff, and the wind, and the cold.........but I know it is only a matter of time till we get it here..........

/ Over the river and thru the wood #4  
That's a beautiful scene, Ron. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif In honor of you who reside in the frozen north, I put up my blowup snowman family today. It was hard with all the dust blowing my way off the county road, but I had to have something to remind me it's that time of year. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Over the river and thru the wood
<font color="blue"> I put up my blowup snowman family today. </font>
No pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Of you blowing them up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Over the river and thru the wood #6  
I don't have a snowman, but I did put the lights on the eaves of the house on the front and both sides, as well as a string of lights around the front door, this morning.

/ Over the river and thru the wood #7  
In our part of the frozen noth we were blessed with much rain yesterday.

Today the wife came home with some new Xmas lights. Kinda think I know what I'll be doing tommorrow.

Egon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Over the river and thru the wood #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( we were blessed with much rain yesterday )</font>

And we wish we could get some rain. Forecast is for a 50% chance tomorrow.

/ Over the river and thru the wood #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I put up my blowup snowman family today. </font>
No pictures? /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Of you blowing them up. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )</font>

Okay, you asked for it. The dust cleared long enough for Kathy to get a picture, so here it is. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 777794-Group2.jpg
    777794-Group2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 163