Vietnam Wall Experience

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #1  

Bird

Epic Contributor
Like many of you, I suppose, I had heard of the traveling Vietnam Wall but did not know that Dignity Memorial funeral company was the one who did it. As you can see in the first link, it travels around the country and the local funeral homes handle all the arrangements. Our son-in-law, Gary Westerman, is a manager at Moore's Funeral Home in Arlington, TX, so he is the one who handled all the arrangements for the display and events today, tomorrow, and Sunday. If you get a chance to visit it when it comes to your area, I think you'll find it worthwhile. It's open 24 hours a day. I'm going to try to attach some pictures I took this morning. It was cloudy and I didn't do a very good job with the pictures, but it'll give you an idea.

Attachments

• P6230003 (Small).JPG
    P6230003 (Small).JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 225
  • P6230005 (Small).JPG
    P6230005 (Small).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 209
  • P6230006 (Small).JPG
    P6230006 (Small).JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 197
  • P6230007 (Small).JPG
    P6230007 (Small).JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 198
   / Vietnam Wall Experience #2  
Hi Bird,
Thanks so much for sharing those pics. The wall is quite impressive !!!
I lost a good friend over there, and that display is a good reminder and great tribute to those who served and or died in Vietnam.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #3  
Hi Bird,
Thanks for taking the time to post the pic's. I carry a 50% disablity from that dang old war.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience
Fred, sorry to hear about the disability, but glad your name isn't on that wall.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #5  
While I am a bit young to remember Vietnam,( I am a gulf war vet) My very good friends father was there. He is also the gentleman leaning against the wall in popular painting called "Reflections" by Lee Teter.... His name is Jim Williams and he is a great American.... http://www.vietnamreflections.com/

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #6  
That war was part of bringing communism down - and it is not forgotten. I went to the wall in DC many times, and it is always impressive.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #7  
The Wall in DC is very moving, very somber. Impressive is a good word, but the wall is much more than that. If you are in the area visit The Wall. If you have no plans to visit DC then make some plans and go just for that experience. You will not regret it.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #9  
Thanks Bird, nice pictures. I am a vet from the Veitnam era but never had to go over there. I only knew (personally) one young man that lost his life there but knew many that served in that war. Many are still fighting the memories burnt in their minds.

/ Vietnam Wall Experience #10  
riptides said:
But be prepared for a very emotional experience.

-Mike Z.

I'm an emotional person. I cry at sad movies even.

I've visited the mobile Wall a couple of times and each time it's left me pretty tore up. There's just something about it that is so overwhelming. I think I'd get emotional even if I wasn't a veteran of that War.