How many animal lovers are there besides...

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #1  

Steve_Miller

Veteran Member
Tractor
2006 Kioti CK30HST
Just got back from the vets office, had to let go of my 13 1/2 year old lab/something mix. She's been living with a tumor that has consumed one lung for the past two years and it finally spread to her liver. She was gone in about thirty seconds. I hope that statement doesn't offend anyone, but when your standing there it seems like forever. Only memories can be forever.

Steve

Attachments

• Francis2 May 2005.jpg
    Francis2 May 2005.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 235
   / How many animal lovers are there besides... #2  
when your standing there it seems like forever

Yes, 30 seconds can surely seem like an eternity in such circumstances. And you certainly have my sympathy.

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #3  
I noticed he had a buddy in the background.

Unless you experience the love an animal can give, you'll never know the loss.

She will be with you again soon enough.

You have my sympathy as well.

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #4  
Steve,

I will never forget my best frieds last three breaths…. I understand what you are going through… Remember the good times…. You did the right thing.

Take care,

Gary

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #5  
You have my condolences. I never understood until I met DD (short for **** dog), she has been my shadow for the last 3 years and if we are lucky for many more too come

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #6  
You have our condolences also, sorry for your loss...:(

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #7  
Sorry for your loss....thoughts and prayers...<_____________> RIP.

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #8  
Hey Steve,
Sorry for the loss. Know that it is tough and although it may not seem like it now, was the right the thing to do.

Eddie

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #9  
Steve - I can certainly sympathize with you. We had to let our Cocker go nearly 2 yrs ago after 16 yrs. But the vet was incredible. She stayed after hours for us to bring her in. We did not even realize she was gone until the vet reached over and closed her eyes. I was cryng, my wife was crying, the vet was crying, and her assistant was crying. Then they left us along with her until we were ready to take her home and bury her.

/ How many animal lovers are there besides... #10  
Ya sorry for your loss. I had a cockerspaniel that died when I came home one day and came around hte corner of the house and he looked at me and fell down the stairs. Broke my heart to see him die like that. That morning he was great though, he was jumpin up and down and rollin around. It's amazing how fast things happen.