Lonely

/ Lonely #41  
Jeff,

I hope that today is better than yesterday and tomorrow is better than today. You've got a great attitude and I hope for the best for you.

shawn

/ Lonely #42  
Most of my friends don’t know what to say so they keep quiet and stay away unless I call them first. If you are ever in doubt what to say to someone in my position just remember that it doesn’t matter what the words are, just say it! That’s why I like this place – you guys have an opinion on EVERYTHING!!! :)

Jeff[/QUOTE]
Jeff,
As i read your post it brings a tear,even though i dont know you.Iam very sorry for your loss.If it dont matter what the words are ,heres what id like to say.Right now life might seem impossible to go on,there is a hole in your heart,that hurts more than anything thats ever happened to you.The loss and the missing of her will be with you as long as you live,but as someone quoted its better to have loved and lossed,than not have loved at all.You have all the memories and some great photos of her.
Iam sure by reading your post,you got to be a man ,who has a great many people who love you,so wrap yourself in their love and spend lots of time with them to help with the days to follow.
There are alot of folks who have lost their spouse ,check and see if there is a support group in your area.You might meet some very nice friends who need your support as well.

HANG in there my friend,stay close with your friends and family,they have lossed too and they need you also.
ALAN

/ Lonely #43  
Jeff:

My condolences. Amy and I are getting up in age too. We have a plots and all loose strings taken care of and I sincerely hope that I get taken first as I certainly don't want to be alone, without my soul mate and friend for more than 1/3 of my whole life now.

Most often times, however, life takes some interesting twists, so, I live by this....

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference"

May you find peace within yourself.

/ Lonely #44  
Jeff, I'm very sorry you are going through this. I don't know you, yet it is obvious how much you loved your wife, and I feel for you. I can only hope to meet someone that cares about me so much some day.

/ Lonely #45  
There really isn't anything to say, but be sure that if there was, I'd be saying it.

Sort of makes me feel stupid. I have a lovely wife - been together for 11 years and married since 2002. Your posts made me at once feel sad for what you are going through and again sad for every time I've been on her back for something trivial I should have just let ride. I'm going to go and give her a hug now and hope it's a long time before I have to know what you are going through.

I hope you continue to be strong and the future is better than the present and as great as the past. Thinking of you.

/ Lonely #46  
Jeff, I'm a little slow on the uptake here. I saw "Lonely" while I was looking down the thread list and it caught my attention. Like most everyone here I have no wonderful words of wisdom, but I can offer my thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I've been married 4 years to my wife, second time around for me. She went through some pretty serious medical stuff a couple of years ago and I know the fear that goes along with that situation. You'll meet again someday on the other side, you have a beautiful place with wonderful memories, take care. Mike

/ Lonely
Hi Guys,

Thank you all again for the encouragement, great thoughts and prayers.

I don’t have good days and bad days - it’s more like good times of the day and bad times of the day. I can be working along and then a thought or memory pops into my head and WHAM! The worst times are when I stumble across scents that remind me of her. She loved magnolias and there are two huge ones in front of my work building. I used to pluck a bloom off and take it home for her to enjoy. Just one will fill the whole house.

I shared with you some of the things I taught her but I haven’t told you what she taught me: The most important thing in life is loyalty to family and to friends. If Patty ever told you she would do something for you, rest assured it_would_be_done. Period. If you needed her she would be there no matter the personal sacrifice.

The next thing she taught me was to never hold a grudge for any reason. We didn’t argue but did have differences of opinions. Once we each said our piece as the other listened, it was done - right then and there. Never to be brought up again.

She showed me that life was just too short to worry over things that don’t matter. You really can’t change another person anyway so why try? You just gotta accept them for who they are and remember why you love them.

Tell the truth. Yes, it can hurt sometimes but the freedom it gives you is enormous.

Don’t harbor guilt, as it’s too self-destructive. If you follow the guidelines above you won’t have any guilt.

In the five years we were together she never once opened a car door if I was there. I made her laugh every day, usually at my expense, and always treated her with respect and dignity. We weren’t perfect by any means but I have no regrets or doubts she knew she was loved and appreciated. This has given me the most comfort of all.

You guys are GREAT!

Jeff

/ Lonely #48  
FarmGeek said:
Hi Guys,

Thank you all again for the encouragement, great thoughts and prayers.

I don’t have good days and bad days - it’s more like good times of the day and bad times of the day. I can be working along and then a thought or memory pops into my head and WHAM! The worst times are when I stumble across scents that remind me of her. She loved magnolias and there are two huge ones in front of my work building. I used to pluck a bloom off and take it home for her to enjoy. Just one will fill the whole house.

I shared with you some of the things I taught her but I haven’t told you what she taught me: The most important thing in life is loyalty to family and to friends. If Patty ever told you she would do something for you, rest assured it_would_be_done. Period. If you needed her she would be there no matter the personal sacrifice.

The next thing she taught me was to never hold a grudge for any reason. We didn’t argue but did have differences of opinions. Once we each said our piece as the other listened, it was done - right then and there. Never to be brought up again.

She showed me that life was just too short to worry over things that don’t matter. You really can’t change another person anyway so why try? You just gotta accept them for who they are and remember why you love them.

Tell the truth. Yes, it can hurt sometimes but the freedom it gives you is enormous.

Don’t harbor guilt, as it’s too self-destructive. If you follow the guidelines above you won’t have any guilt.

In the five years we were together she never once opened a car door if I was there. I made her laugh every day, usually at my expense, and always treated her with respect and dignity. We weren’t perfect by any means but I have no regrets or doubts she knew she was loved and appreciated. This has given me the most comfort of all.

You guys are GREAT!

Jeff

Ive always tried to look for any good in the worst situations. Sometimes you have to take your victories any way you can get them. For whatever it's worth, your loss has inspired myself, and I'm sure a few others to look at the person we have along side of us, and appreciate them all the more. Your wife will continue to leave her mark on the world for a long time.

I've made a habit of opening doors for my wife. She made the comment on our 2nd date that I'd probably stop doing that if we ever got married. Almost 40 years later, I'm still getting the door for her.

/ Lonely #49  
Jeff,

I am also very sorry for your loss. I live in Apex and Boone, NC. Where are you located??

John

/ Lonely
John,

PM Sent