grandparents day at school

/ grandparents day at school #1  

frank_f15

Super Member, Rest in Peace
Tractor
kubota b2400- R4 tires
well my grandson is in kindergarden, and on friday it is grandparents day, so i guess i have to make the 100 mi trip(one way) get up in the middle of the night to make sure we get there in time , because he told me it is imperative i be there cause he told the class and the teacher that his poppie would show pictures of his tractor, this kid loves my tractor and his favorite color is orange, they just had a new house built and he asked that his room be painted orange, and my dumb daughter had one wall painted orange:D GOD LIFE IS GOOD!!! for all my effort i get to have a donught and a glass of cider and of course The look on my grandsons face:)

/ grandparents day at school #3  
Way to go grandpa! :D

Both my parents passed away long ago. My in-laws are awesome granparents to our children and make every effort to be involved in their lives. The kids love them very much (and I do to :)). It is something they will never forget. Enjoy that donut and cider!!! :D:D:D

/ grandparents day at school #4  
Grandparent's Day is coming up at my daughter's school on Friday. My father died just before she was born, my mother died just after she was born. The in-laws each died just over 1 and 2 years ago. So my daughter has nobody for Grandparent's Day. At her previous school they changed it to "Special Friends" day so the kids could bring an aunt/uncle or close family friend and not feel like they had to explain to everyone that their grandparent's were either dead or couldn't make it to the school.

I hope you & your grandson have a great day. :)

I hope my daughter's new school changes the name of their Grandparent's day. :(

/ grandparents day at school #5  
I just saw in the paper last night that the tiny elementery school where my wife went to school had over 200 grandparents show up for grandparents day. I don't know the size of the school, but it and one other elementery feed into the one Jr. High, which feeds the High school, which has senior classes in the 75 student range.

/ grandparents day at school #6  
Bob_Skurka said:
Grandparent's Day is coming up at my daughter's school on Friday. My father died just before she was born, my mother died just after she was born. The in-laws each died just over 1 and 2 years ago. So my daughter has nobody for Grandparent's Day. (

You might have any elderly neighbor that would be thrilled to be invited. Especially someone who might be an elderly widow or widower? Maybe an old timer that you pass by on occasion and wave to? It might really make someone's day.

/ grandparents day at school #7  
Bob_Skurka said:
Grandparent's Day is coming up at my daughter's school on Friday. My father died just before she was born, my mother died just after she was born. The in-laws each died just over 1 and 2 years ago. So my daughter has nobody for Grandparent's Day. At her previous school they changed it to "Special Friends" day so the kids could bring an aunt/uncle or close family friend and not feel like they had to explain to everyone that their grandparent's were either dead or couldn't make it to the school.

I hope you & your grandson have a great day. :)

I hope my daughter's new school changes the name of their Grandparent's day. :(

Bob,
We have Goodies with Grandparents Day, Donuts with Dad Day and Muffins with Mom day at our school. Whenever a child has no one to fill that category, they get "adopted" by their friends families so they don't miss out on the treat. Last year on Donuts with Dad Day, I went from my two children to six kids :eek:.... a set of triplets and their little brother. Their dad had to work and asked if I would do the honors. Of course! :D We had a lot of fun and I was the only one to spill my drink. :rolleyes:

/ grandparents day at school #8  
Frank,
I would seriously think about loading that tractor up if you have a trailer.

A tractor, young kids, and a digital camera would seriously be a big hit, and a ton of fun... The teacher or someone could print some picures of each kid maybe?

/ grandparents day at school
RobertN said:
Frank,
I would seriously think about loading that tractor up if you have a trailer.

A tractor, young kids, and a digital camera would seriously be a big hit, and a ton of fun... The teacher or someone could print some picures of each kid maybe?

that is a great idea but ALAS i do not have a trailer, and i don't think the ny state troopers would take kindly to an old guy driving a tractor down the ny thruway:D

/ grandparents day at school #10  
Good evening Frank.
Its moments like that one will always cherish...maybe you could stop at local Kubota dealership and get enough key chain etc..hand to the children.