'Lucy' 1996-2007

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #11  
CONT.

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?" the traveler asked in disbelief.

"Oh not at all. I can see how you might think so, but we're just happy that they screen out the folks who'll leave their best friends behind."

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #12  
I too feel for your loss. I was petting and talking to me longest old friend last week and got to thinking how old she was getting to be. She is at least 13 and maybe 14... can't remember for sure... been all over the country with me and was in the semi wreck that had me trapped for almost an hr and a half. She was the first thing I asked about when my boss got to the hospital. No one even knew she was around until the pulled my buddies tanker up to unload mine. She shot out of the trees and flew into his truck. Dogs really will go through ANYTHING with us. I have always loved the piece that SIGARMS posted. If she can' get in then I don't want in. :)

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #13  
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's tough for some "non dog people" to understand how attached we get to our animals. We're dealing with a couple sick pups right now ourselves. (the contaminated dog food situation) It looks like we may loose both of them in the next few days. MAybe ours will meet up with your friend in dog heaven.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #14  
My condolences. I sure you have many cherished moments to look back on once the grief subsides.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #15  
I'm so sorry to hear of Your loss . I lost My best bud( a Choclate named Harley) a little over a month ago,so I know how You are feeling . There are still times when I think I can hear Him padding across the floor ,only to look and see He isn't there .
I hope that in time, You'll be able to smile at all the great times that Youand Lucy had together.\

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007
Farmwithjunk, what a sad situation for any pet and their owner to deal with. Hopefully your pups are young and strong enough to get through. Best of luck, my thoughts are with you and your pups.

Thanks again all, sure is quiet around the house with just two. Dunno what it is, but kinda like kids I think. We had three children in three years and with the third arrival life just evolved into some sort of happy, controlled chaos. Well, the same is true of three dogs, and I really miss that unpredicability with them. Those surprise happy moments that pop up with three seem to have a little more urgency and meaning. Every morning, while the younger two rushed out to take care of 'business', Lucy used those first few quiet minutes to come up and lean her head on your leg in a proper g'morning while you sat with your coffee. She knew she had competition for affection and used every opportunity for a little quality one-on-one. This past Thurs. was a beautifully cool and sunny Spring day, the kind she loved most. It was sad to see her favorite sunspot on the back deck go un-used, it would have been her 11th B'day.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #17  
Dholly,
Think of all the love yous' gave to eachother. I just had to put one down 6 months ago and my other one is 10 years old and pretty grey. It's one of the hardest decisions as a pet owner you have to make. If the pet is really ailing it is the last act of love you can do for your pet. not easy by any means as I have had many dogs. Condolances to you... Take care.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #18  
Very sorry to hear of your loss, I dont want to even think how strange it would be in my house with out my black lab.
I hope I get as many years with mine as you did.