'Lucy' 1996-2007

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #1  

dholly

Platinum Member
Tractor
B7610HST
One-of-a-kind you were, a real man's dog. Thank you for the endless love and life's lessons given, we will hold you in our hearts forever. R.I.P. Lucy Goose, you will always be my Champion.

Attachments

• CIMG4458.2.jpg
    CIMG4458.2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 396
   / 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #2  
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's alway's painful to loose a good friend of the four legged variety.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #3  
Afternoon dholly,
Very sorry to hear of your loss ! Its really tough to see a good friend go, I know the feeling ! Hopefully your other dogs and family can help fill the void. God Bless.....

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #4  
It always seems they are with us for such a short time. Sorry for your loss. the best place to bury a dog is in the heart of the owner. You may find this site to be of some comfort. The Rainbow Bridge

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #5  
Sadden for your loss <________________> R.I.P. Lucy.
Cherish the memories.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #6  
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
George Graham Vest speaking:

"Gentlemen of the jury, the best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter whom he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us -- those whom we trust with our happiness and good name -- may become traitors in their faith. The money that a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolute, unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world -- the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous -- is his dog.

"Gentlemen of the jury, a man's dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow, and the snow drives fiercely, if only he can be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer; he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounter with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

"If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace, and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death."

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #7  
:( Sorry about the loss of your friend :(

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007
Thank you for the kind words and thoughts, I am certain many on this forum have lost cherished pets. From APLB

As loving stewards we have an unspoken covenant with our pets - that we will euthanize, if it is necessary. In the final analysis, only the owner can really understand when the time is right. And even then, emotions still make it so difficult. This is the ultimate loving act for our beloved companion animals. It is for them, regardless of the effects on us, that we must do this and the decision is made.

We get so much love and delight from our beloved pets in life, and we grieve deeply for them when they die. Because of the unique enhancement they give to our lives they become a treasured part of us, forever. When a dear pet's life ends, more dies than just a cherished friend and companion. Since we make them into living symbols of our own innocence and purest feelings, a treasured secret part of each of us also dies. This can be reborn as we slowly pick up our shattered emotional pieces and move on. Our dear pets bless us, just as we do them, and they enrich and prepare us for our moving on in life. The loving memories become a permanent part of who we are, and they live on, in our hearts. Our continuing and improving lives can be our best memorials to them.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #9  
Sorry for your loss. Always cherish the memories of the times you spent together.

/ 'Lucy' 1996-2007 #10  
A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight. When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother of pearl and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a beautifully carved desk off to one side. When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, " the man answered.

The old man was really tired and very thirsty so he asked for a drink of water. "Of course. Come right in," the gatekeeper smiled, "and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

The old dog looked up at his master's face, tail wagging. "Oh, and may I have a bowl of water for my friend here," the old man said gesturing toward his dog, "he and I have come a long way together."

"I'm sorry, sir," was the quick reply, "but we don't accept pets here. You'll have to leave him outside."

The old man was really tired of walking and very thirsty but he could not think of leaving his pet behind. Head down, he turned sorrowfully back toward the road. After awhile he came to a narrow dirt road, which led him through an old wooden gate, and into a farmyard. The fence was mostly on the ground and the gate looked like it had never been closed as grass and wild flowers grew all around it. As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

The traveler and his dog walked through the gate and approached the man. “Could I trouble you for a drink of water,” he asked.

“Sure can," replied the man. "There’s a pump over there in the yard. Come on in and help yourself.”

“How about my friend here?” the traveler motioned to the dog.

“Sure, he’s welcome too. There’s a pan by the pump if he’s thirsty,” the reader said.

The tired old man and his aged dog walked through the gate and sure enough there was an old-fashioned hand pump fastened to a wooden slab. A long handled tin dipper hung on a piece of baling wire beside it. On the top of the pump, was a big, metal pan that would hold all the water his dog might want.

The traveler filled the bowl for his dog and then took a long drink of the cool water. He had never tasted anything so good he thought and suddenly all his aches and pains vanished. He felt like a young man.

As he reached down to pet the graying muzzle of his dog, he saw to his amazement the grey was gone from his dog’s hair and broke into a laugh as his dog sprang up to the top of the well and licked his master's face.

Filled with wonder, the man who was no longer old, strode back to the tree where his host sat reading. “What place is this?” He asked.

“Why, this is Heaven,” came the answer.

Confused, the traveler scratched his head, “I never thought Heaven looked like this. I came to another place back down the road that I thought was surely Heaven. The gatekeeper invited me inside but he wouldn’t let my dog come in, so I just kept walking.”

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's the front door to ****