Farmall Super C carburator

/ Farmall Super C carburator #11  
Keep in mind that a lot of the old farm tractors used a positive-ground system.

Super C came out with either a Carter or a Zenith carb. I know Carter also made carbs for Chev. cars, like I had on my 50, 51 & 52 Chev.'s. I don't think they are in business now, as I believe Zenith now makes new carb's for Carter for replacement on old tractors. The parts dealer you went to apparently doesn't know too much about old tractors & doesn't have the books for reference. There were a LOT of different Zenith carb.'s made for the Super "C", so you must be careful to get the exact and correct replacement kit. Nine times out of 10 it's the float, if you have a problem. Sometimes even when the float is brand new out of the box. Put in another brand new one and it'll run fine. Go figure. :confused2:

/ Farmall Super C carburator
BoonvilleKid, You are correct on the diff. zeniths as this is what was on it. The float is still bad but with a little carressing I can get it to run. The plans were to work on it this winter but had a customer bring me a large project on modifying a jeepster, putting in an LT1 350 and 4L60E automatic, disc brakes, complete rewire, power steer etc so the super c has not made it in and other Jobs have been lining up from other customers so not looking like it will be anytime soon but I do still plan on restoring it and will be gathering up the parts for when the time comes and still plan on posting it on here when I do the work on it.

/ Farmall Super C carburator #13  
Wrench57, what brand and number of spark plugs are you using in your Super C?
I've got the manual, but the numbers given in the manual are over 50-years old and no one has a reference book that carry those numbers. I know that the plugs have to be just so-so or you'll not get them in due to the slim clearance between the socket and the engine wall. Have you found the plug that Farmall specified for the Super C? I believe that AC C87 may be correct. Also, AutoLite 3116.

BoonevilleKid, not sure what the plug numbers are, will have to check them. Havn't had a chance this winter to work on any of my stuff as I have over 600 hrs in the jeepster project and other work lining up every day. Once I started on the jeepster more got added as the owner was real happy how well it was turning out so it became a bigger project than planned at first. I walk past my super c each day going to the shop and know that some day it will be new again also but while the work is there have to take care of it first. This is what I was working on all winter if anyone would like to see the build on it its located on Helpwrench.net under automotive project build threads 67 jeepster LT1-350 4L60E. I can only hope my super c turns out as nice as this jeepster did for the owner that I built it for.

Attachments

• 1207101138a.jpg
    1207101138a.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 1229101619a.jpg
    1229101619a.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 395
BoonvilleKid, I checked the plugs today and the ones that the parts store had sold me when I got the tractor running were champion D16. Not a big fan of champion plugs but as I recall at the time that I got them they told me that these were the only ones that they could get that crossed over to the ones that I took out of it. Rick

/ Farmall Super C carburator #16  
wrench57,

I have the same carb in my C. I am having trouble finding a rebuild kit. Napa says one isn't available. I was curious where you got yours?

Thanks!

/ Farmall Super C carburator #17  
I don't know why NAPA would tell you this. I bought one from them. I also bought one from Steiner Tractor Parts. When you buy from NAPA, you kinda get a "one size fits all" kit, so I wouldn't suggest you buy from them. The number you need, before ordering, is cast in the top of the bowl (for Zenith). That's a very important number as there are a LOT of different rebuild kits for the Zenith carbs.