Farmall vs. International markings

/ Farmall vs. International markings #1  

Randy B

Tractor
1948 Super A
I also posted this in the McCormick section.

I inherited my father's Super A. Serial number 263815 would indicate its a 1948? He was the original owner and it was garage and barn stored all its life, and has been parked, unused since about 1973. The markings are original and are faded, but legible. It even has the original canvass on the seat. It is not stickered on the cowling as a "McCormick Farmall" Super A, but as an "International" Super A. I have not seen any other Farmall tractor of about the same era marked as "International". The front axle is also heavy duty, not like the usual "O" type pipe on standard "A" models (for lack of a better description) but is a triangle shape, heavy steel axle as is would be the case for Super A's vs. standard A's. I haven't even seen any other Super A's with the same front axle. Can anyone give me any insight about the International markings? I am in the process of restoring it and would like to put original style stickers on it (International), but can't find them.

/ Farmall vs. International markings #2  
If you get a chance check out Red Power website,those folks breath Farmall & International..can point you towards about any needed part etc.

/ Farmall vs. International markings #3  
It sounds like an Industrial version. They did not use the same designation for the Industrial version. I'd have to look at my books at home for specifics, but that is the gist of it.

/ Farmall vs. International markings #4  
I remember our County Rd. Dept. having "International" 130's for mowing tractors, w/mounted sickle bar mowers. They also had the.., I was thinking square, or rather turned a quarter turn to look like a diamond shaped front axle. I went to Case/IH to confirm that. They do list a heavy duty front axle for both, but both show a round tube type.

Then again, they are illustrations, not actual pictures.

As mentioned, probably an industrial version..., so it may be fairly rare.

/ Farmall vs. International markings
Yes, it also has the foot throttle.