Farmall Super H Point Issue

/ Farmall Super H Point Issue #1  

angusman

Tractor
Kubota M8200
I am restoring our Farmall Super H which was purchased new for our farm and never has left. Problem is the points continue to need replacing. We do not use this tractor very much and would like to take care of this issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Also would like name of painter in Missouri area to do restoration.

/ Farmall Super H Point Issue #2  
I am restoring our Farmall Super H which was purchased new for our farm and never has left. Problem is the points continue to need replacing. We do not use this tractor very much and would like to take care of this issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Also would like name of painter in Missouri area to do restoration.

Original 6V or 12V?? May be your coil is causing quick burnout. BobG in VA

/ Farmall Super H Point Issue #3  
Yep, could be coil. It also could be bad condenser. My guess is that it was converted to 12V and you have 12V running to points. For 12V systems that use points, they generally start with 12V to points, and then have 6V to points when running. 12V on the points all the time will shorten there life considerably.

If it has not been converted to 12V, then replace the points AND condenser as a set and use the heavy duty ones. We had a Farmall when growing up and had to file the points now and again.. they certainly did not last as long as automotive ones, not sure why.

/ Farmall Super H Point Issue
Great news! Super H is up and running like a brand new tractor...somehow I overlooked the rotobug which was bent and must have caused damage to points. The tractor is all original and fortunately was never converted to 12 volt but thanks for the tips. Now all I need is to find a good restoration painter for it. Used the Super H in vintage farm wedding today and it was nice to see all the red there, allthough mine was a little older paint...it was the only original tractor there and everybody commented how well it ran for not being overhauled.