1953 Farmall Super C

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #1  

Corm

Gold Member
Tractor
1999 Cub Cadet 7260, 1953 Farmall Super A
A friend of mine owns a 1953 Super C, and wants to put a 3 point hitch on it. Has anyone out there put a 3 point on one of these? Got any pictures? Any words of wisdom you care to share? We plan to make it ourselves, but a picture would sure help. Thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Corm

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #3  
I've never done it but I know there are kits you can buy for three point hitches. I know Temco sells them if you have a Temco dealer near you.

You can also get a lot of info at Yesterdaystractors.com just click on the Farmall forum. You can find out other places that sell the kits, too.

Please keep us posted on this project, and post lots of pictures!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Good luck!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #5  
It can be done. My dad had one on an old C. It did kind of get in the way. The lift arms went from the hitch, fowerd to the lift arms on the tractor. But he used it for years with an old flail mower.

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #6  
Corm,
Check out Worksaver.com they have hitch conversions for that tractor and a lot others. Worksaver

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #7  
And hang out in the same places! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ 1953 Farmall Super C
Thanks folks for all your responses! The Worksaver site has just what we were looking for. I'm going to contact Worksaver to get a price breakdown of the parts in the kit. While I feel confident we could build the entire hitch, there are a couple of the 'main' parts, that if we bought them, it would really speed things up for us. Yes, I'll take pictures and keep you posted, although it'll be a few months before we get to this project. First we have to finish the wood splitter we are building. We've got another 2-3 weeks before it'll be complete. We've spent the last 3 Sundays together working on the splitter, and our wives would like us to take a break before we get started on another project. They just don't understand how much fun making sparks and breathing welding fumes is! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Again, thanks for all your responses. This board is great!

Corm

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #9  
Does your super c have fast hitch? or just touch control?
If it has fast hitch you can get adapters that plug into the 2 point. I grew up on my dads super c with fast hitch, we also had the adapters to 3 pt hitch, worked well. If you have touch control only, work savers the way to go. the kits generaly run around 400 to 500 if i remember correctly. If need be i could check my price sheet monday when im back at work.

/ 1953 Farmall Super C #10  
I have a farmall 200 with a 2pt hitch and touch control.It came with a home made 3pt hitch.It works good but not as easy to hook up as a real 3pt hitch as there is no independant sideways way.I have found it easiest to put the arms on the implement and start them in the 2pt.then back the tractor up.

Attachments

• 264873-3pt.jpg
    264873-3pt.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,999