farmall A..no gas to cylinders

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #1  

beg8279

Tractor
cub and frmall a
Pulled, clean and soaked carb in carb cleaner. Air blow jets.
Checked floats.
Still no gas getting to cylinfders..does get to carb
If i spay either in air cleaner, it fires tight up, and if i continue to do that, it runs fine (well, i only use a few sprays, so i let it run for 10 secs or so)
taped on carb to make sre no dirt is lodged.

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #2  
The sediment bowl is not plugged...... ? May the needle and seat be sticking?

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #3  
I just did the same to the carb on a 140. You say there is fuel flowing to the carb. On most of these carbs there is a screen on the 90 fitting that screws in the carb. Try unscrewing the plug from the fuel bowl to be sure fuel is in there. Are you having to use the choke? If you are still not getting fuel then you have an airleak or a jet is clogged.

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #4  
The airscrew for mine to run is at 1.5 turns.

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #5  
I had one years ago, and Marvel-Scheibler carbs (updraft) are simple but tempermental. Sounds to me like the fuel intake screen as well. I took mine off, fabricated a 'U' bent pipe and mounted a single throat automotive carb.

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #6  
Might be a stupid suggesting but is fuel line turned on? Is fuel getting to carb?

Don

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #7  
It gets to carb, but not to manifold, then there is something stopping it at the carb. Not familiar with an A but carbs are carbs, and if the float is allowing fuel into the carb (into the bowl) via the needle and seat, then a good chance it is the jets.Is there fuel in the bowl when you remove it? Can you raise the float and gas comes in the bowl thru the needle valve? Might be something else like the engine isn't pulling enough air thru the carb... missing gasket on carb, blockage etc, but most likely a jet problem.
David from jax

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #8  
if there is a bowl drain, remov eit and rab on carb to make sure flaot is not hung up / sticking.

soundguy

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #9  
if there is a bowl drain, remove it and rap on carb to make sure float is not hung up / sticking.

soundguy

And don't use a 3 pound hammer to rap on it... just a few light taps to see if that starts the gas flowing.
David from jax

/ farmall A..no gas to cylinders #10  
It gets to carb, but not to manifold, then there is something stopping it at the carb. Not familiar with an A but carbs are carbs, and if the float is allowing fuel into the carb (into the bowl) via the needle and seat, then a good chance it is the jets.Is there fuel in the bowl when you remove it? Can you raise the float and gas comes in the bowl thru the needle valve? Might be something else like the engine isn't pulling enough air thru the carb... missing gasket on carb, blockage etc, but most likely a jet problem.
David from jax

I'd also check the input manifold seal for leaks.