Farmall H prices and other farm junk

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #1  

plowindeeper

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 4610
We bought a old farm down the road a piece along the edge of one of the fields we found 4 farmall H's all with cotton picker baskets mounted on them. Was wondering how much they'd be worth and if they'd be worth restoring.

Also several pieces of other equipment like a super A with plows and planters. All are very rusty and have been there a long time at least 50 years.

The farm has alot of equipment scattered around and at least 6 big dodge station wagons scattered and left were they died all have big v-8.

All in all we bought 100 acres and about 10 tractors, lots of equipment, 4 pick-ups, 6 station wagons, 2 bean trucks, 2 barns (full), 3 sheds (packed), and a run down house full of junk

Seller said lock, stock, and barrel. hopeing to find a gold mine

Last edited:
   / Farmall H prices and other farm junk #2  
That is going to be fun and you might well have some treasure there...take a lot of pictures of things since many here can help you figure out what some are and the value...exciting project.

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #3  
Since there was no market for worn out machinery in those days, farmers just left them where they died.
I have found pieces of horse drawn equipment in my woodlot- some with mature trees growing through them!
There is indeed "treasure" in those sheds and the house- watch a couple of episodes of "Pickers" and you will have a new appreciation of all the crap you haven't gotten around to throwing in a dumpster.

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #4  
We bought a old farm down the road a piece along the edge of one of the fields we found 4 farmall H's all with cotton picker baskets mounted on them. Was wondering how much they'd be worth and if they'd be worth restoring.

Also several pieces of other equipment like a super A with plows and planters. All are very rusty and have been there a long time at least 50 years.

The farm has alot of equipment scattered around and at least 6 big dodge station wagons scattered and left were they died all have big v-8.

All in all we bought 100 acres and about 10 tractors, lots of equipment, 4 pick-ups, 6 station wagons, 2 bean trucks, 2 barns (full), 3 sheds (packed), and a run down house full of junk

Seller said lock, stock, and barrel. hopeing to find a gold mine

Farmall H's are popular restoration tractors (several guys in my EDGE/TA chapter have done complete restorations on their H's). If your H's have been "field-stored" for decades, chances are they're beyond a complete restoration (cost wise), but they very well could be good parts tractors. You need to check each H for stuck engine (remove the spark plugs, put it in 1st gear and shove on the rear wheels to see if you can get any movement). The ones with stuck engines are candidates for parts tractors (list on eBay).

I have a Farmall Super A in decent running condition, but needs some tranny work (won't shift into 1st gear). Parts are readily available for restoring this type tractor. I paid $1300 for mine several years ago including a 3pt hitch (Super A's usually have the Farmall-style 2-pt hitch) and a 6-ft mid mount sicklebar mower.

Post some photos--maybe you'll get more definite responses to your questions.

Good luck

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk
I tried to post picks before but didn't work out. but might try again if I can talk to wife into letting me borrow HER camera

I just never seen a H with picker basket ,1 row header, tool boxes and all sheet metal still attached

Have a dodge buddy coming to look at cars for a "special engine" said he'd give big money for it. These cars are in good shape for 1950's thru 1970"s models. At least 3 are cornet's 2 are real nice chromed out.

Lot of mule drawn equipment. Previous owner's son that sold property said his dad still farmed a 9 ac garden as early as 5 yrs ago with horses

Might have to start picking the house's and sheds first though. Barn has all the stainless steel milking equipment in it With harness still hanging up leather not even dried out.

kinda like stepping back in time so much old stuff ( hand crank corn shellers sauage grinder and single tree's )

The son was very ill when I talked to him He lives in seattle and wanted no part in anything down here. I just can't see all this stuff just sitting here all these years without someone hauling it off esp. with scrape prices the way they are.

My dad said no one has been on this land after ole man died, he was the type to shoot first and not ask questions. TOUGH ole BA**erd mean as a snake.So people stayed away. No one knew what was here to steal I guess

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #6  
Wow..!! Would I love to have that Super A..!! :drool: Too bad you're so far away. :(

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #7  
Time to try posting pics again.

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #8  
Sounds like you will have some fun sorting it all out.Farmalls are one of the most collected tractors and genuine parts are always in demand .Reproduction parts are available for most Farmalls.

/ Farmall H prices and other farm junk #9  
Barn has all the stainless steel milking equipment

Is there a vacuum pump in there with the releaser? You can probably make a few bucks off it. Lots of maple syrup producers use them for the lines. They work real good.