1962 Farmall 140 : What to look for?

/ 1962 Farmall 140 : What to look for? #11  
Completely redone? Does this mean completely restored (rebuilt engine, new oil seals everywhere)?

A few years ago I paid $1300 for a Farmall Super A that has very good tires, a 3-point hitch, 6-ft rear blade and a mid-mount sicklebar mower.

View attachment 253633

Your 140 is the next step up in size from my Super A.

$3K may be reasonable if the seller has done a lot more than just powerwash and repaint the tractor. Otherwise it sounds a bit high since there's no implements included in the deal.

Good luck.

We call that a Rattle Can Rebuild around here!!!

Chris

/ 1962 Farmall 140 : What to look for?
Looking at the pictures the tractor doesn't have the belly mount cultivators or fertilizer sidedress attachment. Your looking at $800-$1000 dollars for a full set of cultivators and $400.00-$500.00 for a fertilizer attachment with hopper . If you are going to use it to "plow" a garden, then I would be looking for one that already had the cultivators and fertilizer attachment.

I gave $2400.00 for my 1966 Farmall 140 with front and rear cultivators and fertilizer attachment. It's not a pretty as the one that you've listed, but it runs good and had those attachments and all the plows.

Here is a link to a 1961 Farmall 140 with sidedress and cultivators. 1961 INTERNATIONAL 140 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

1964 Model: 1964 INTERNATIONAL 140 Less than 40 HP For Sale At TractorHouse.com

Chris

I tought the cultivators were cheaper than that...I would need them as I want to use this tractor in my garden. Those things are pretty rare here in Quebec...hmmm...maybe I will pass on it and wait for a complete one with spring comming soon (even though we are in heavy snow this morning!).

Be safe.

Lecoq

/ 1962 Farmall 140 : What to look for? #13  
I tought the cultivators were cheaper than that...I would need them as I want to use this tractor in my garden. Those things are pretty rare here in Quebec...hmmm...maybe I will pass on it and wait for a complete one with spring comming soon (even though we are in heavy snow this morning!).

Be safe.

Lecoq

Get on Ebay and put Farmall 140 in and do a search. I just did and had 735 items pop up for sale. One complete set of cultivators that I saw was $650 (just front). The rears are about $200-250.

A fertilize sidedresser is in the $400-600 range. The fiberglass hopper will sell for $150 used. You can get a new one from Agri Supply (part #72896) for $279.95 They are on back order until Mid-March. You can also buy a lot of the plows and other parts, such as the seat, fuel filter bowl, etc... for a 140 from Agrisupply.

I would stay away from a Super A. I know they are good tractors, but I wouldn't settle for one. There are many improvements with a 140 and you can find one with a good price if you are patient.

I bought mine from a guy on Craigslist. Actually had to travel about 500 miles to pick it up. It was a good 3 day vacation with the family :) .

SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist is a good way to search Craiglist in more than one city at a time. You can do a search from your Zip code by mileage.

Happy hunting!!!

Chris

/ 1962 Farmall 140 : What to look for? #14  
cults and equip can be as much or more than the tractor somethimes.. especially on them lil letter series red and orange ones.. :)