farmall super a ?

/ farmall super a ? #1  

sup3ra

Tractor
1953 farmall super a
aquired a rebuilt farmall super a but, tractor was was rebuilt from from various farmalls. i am trying to determine engine model /year. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

/ farmall super a ? #2  
aquired a rebuilt farmall super a but, tractor was was rebuilt from from various farmalls. i am trying to determine engine model /year. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

Does it have a water pump??/the original SA had thermo sihpon system without a water pump...as a result the radiator was "lower" than the later 100/130/140 units with water pumps...a pic of the engine from the left side would be very helpful, as well as one without the engine shroud, showing the radiator. As you may be aware the SA came with a 113 ci engine, the later units with water pumps bumped up to 123ci. It will say what the ci is on the right side of the engine above/just behind the govenor unit on the block...BobG in VA

/ farmall super a ? #4  
i might also hit the farmall forum at ytmag..

/ farmall super a ? #5  

Engine model (displacement) is stamped on a machined boss on the block along with the engine serial number. IIRC it will be on the upper front of the RH side of the block above the distributer. The proper engine for a Super A should be a C113 or if a very late Super A it may be a C123. A block with an engine oil dipstick would be a later engine than the tractor chassis. A Super A should have oil level petcocks in the oilpan.

/ farmall super a ? #6  
gotta love those things....

/ farmall super a ? #7  
Engine model (displacement) is stamped on a machined boss on the block along with the engine serial number. IIRC it will be on the upper front of the RH side of the block above the distributer. The proper engine for a Super A should be a C113 or if a very late Super A it may be a C123. A block with an engine oil dipstick would be a later engine than the tractor chassis. A Super A should have oil level petcocks in the oilpan.

So that is what those things were. As a kid I never did understand what they were!

James K0UA

/ farmall super a ? #8  
The top petcock is 'full' and the bottom one is add a quart. IF oil doesn't come out the bottom one DO NOT START.

/ farmall super a ? #9  
The top petcock is 'full' and the bottom one is add a quart. IF oil doesn't come out the bottom one DO NOT START.

yep makes sense, but as a kid, I never could figure out what they were for. 50 years later, now I know:dance1: I never though to ask:eek:

James K0UA