Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    1953 farmall super a

Default farmall super a ?

aquired a rebuilt farmall super a but, tractor was was rebuilt from from various farmalls. i am trying to determine engine model /year. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 6000 MWFD, 2 1950's Farmalls, 1974 Farmall 140, 1967 Mf 135Delux

Default Re: farmall super a ?

Quote Originally Posted by sup3ra View Post
    aquired a rebuilt farmall super a but, tractor was was rebuilt from from various farmalls. i am trying to determine engine model /year. any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance
    Does it have a water pump??/the original SA had thermo sihpon system without a water pump...as a result the radiator was "lower" than the later 100/130/140 units with water pumps...a pic of the engine from the left side would be very helpful, as well as one without the engine shroud, showing the radiator. As you may be aware the SA came with a 113 ci engine, the later units with water pumps bumped up to 123ci. It will say what the ci is on the right side of the engine above/just behind the govenor unit on the block...BobG in VA

Tractor
    farmall super a

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

i might also hit the farmall forum at ytmag..

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by sup3ra View Post
    Engine model (displacement) is stamped on a machined boss on the block along with the engine serial number. IIRC it will be on the upper front of the RH side of the block above the distributer. The proper engine for a Super A should be a C113 or if a very late Super A it may be a C123. A block with an engine oil dipstick would be a later engine than the tractor chassis. A Super A should have oil level petcocks in the oilpan.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

gotta love those things....

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    Engine model (displacement) is stamped on a machined boss on the block along with the engine serial number. IIRC it will be on the upper front of the RH side of the block above the distributer. The proper engine for a Super A should be a C113 or if a very late Super A it may be a C123. A block with an engine oil dipstick would be a later engine than the tractor chassis. A Super A should have oil level petcocks in the oilpan.
    So that is what those things were. As a kid I never did understand what they were!

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti CK27HST

The top petcock is 'full' and the bottom one is add a quart. IF oil doesn't come out the bottom one DO NOT START.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by Looking4new View Post
    The top petcock is 'full' and the bottom one is add a quart. IF oil doesn't come out the bottom one DO NOT START.
    yep makes sense, but as a kid, I never could figure out what they were for. 50 years later, now I know I never though to ask

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    International Farmall Super A

My super A is made up of four tractors. A 130,140, and two Super A's. The original Super A blocks are tough to find without cracks. I magnafluxed ever part on mine and had it remanufactured. Farmall Super A, 130, 140 hybrid engine - YouTube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast