Trans Fill Plug

/ Trans Fill Plug #1  

Lucid

Tractor
IH Farmall 200
Think mine has seen better days... do I have to replace the whole cover or can I fix this somehow? :/ Was thinking of changing the fluid.

uyf.jpg

iuyg.jpg

Eric

/ Trans Fill Plug #2  
can you get it out? ( in one piece? )

/ Trans Fill Plug
Can't get it out yet. May try weld a bolt to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

/ Trans Fill Plug #5  
yep.. I'd weld a bolt or big hex nut to it. the heat will help free it too...

/ Trans Fill Plug
I put wd40 on it overnight and tried a bigger pipe wrench. Got it off. :thumbsup:

/ Trans Fill Plug #7  
I put wd40 on it overnight and tried a bigger pipe wrench. Got it off. :thumbsup:

Good to hear. Gonna put anti seize on the new plug? Id be tempted to use one with a male head.

Last edited:
   / Trans Fill Plug #8  
How long had that thing sat outside???/ I once watched a retired Navy Machinist Mate take one off that looked just as bad with cold chisel and a machist hammer...did it in a matter of seconds..I thought it was never gonna get out....BobG in VA

/ Trans Fill Plug #9  
yep.. I've had to tap a few around with a chissle.

I'd put some teflon paste on it before I put a new one back in. Normally I'd use a headed one.. but on that op platform. an inverted head one is likely the best call.

/ Trans Fill Plug
WilliamBos said:
Good to hesr. Gonna put anti seize on the new plug? Id be tempted to use one with a male head.

Yep need to get a new plug. Antiseize sounds like a good investment!

BobG_in_VA said:
How long had that thing sat outside???/ I once watched a retired Navy Machinist Mate take one off that looked just as bad with cold chisel and a machist hammer...did it in a matter of seconds..I thought it was never gonna get out....BobG in VA

It's been outside too long. Building a shed roof this fall to store the tractor under. I am glad I got it free or was thinking it was going to be a pain.