Farmall Super A

/ Farmall Super A #1  

dennisB

Tractor
Rural King RK24
My Brother acquired a Farmall Super A in good original condition. (Stickers Electric etc.) With a rather worn rough cut mower. What is a good price range to ask for this tractor? He got it with some land he bought and it seems to have always been barn kept. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Farmall Super A #2  
I notice that your bio. indicates you live in the Huntsville area. You are only not very far from tobacco country(Middle TN) and Super As are still in demand as work tractors. If the tractor is actually a Super A(not the A Cultivision) you can get as much as $2500.00. If it has cultivators it is worth more. If the mower is a sickle mower it is not worth much. Try one of the Mid TN shoppers and you will get a lot of interest. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Farmall Super A #3  
We are using a Super A that has been in service for over 50 years. My father purchased it new for $1500 and I can easily get $2500. for it today. Back in the early 50's & 60's when there were alot of mom and pop farms in our area, the Super A and similar IH tractors were the tractor of choice in this region. Today, those 40 to 50 year old tractors are still popular but are being used for pasture and ground maintenance rather than farming as there are no longer any small farms. I must admit that when a part needs replacement that it is getting harder and harder to locate parts locally.

/ Farmall Super A #4  
Similare with the old fords... worth more now than they were when new.

Luckilly the fords still have decent parts availability both online and at some farm stores / dealers..

Soundguy

/ Farmall Super A #5  
The A's are great bringing about 2+ K here in KY if in decent shape mechanically, but look a bit rough. I am not so sure about selling for more than was paid though. Remember when these tractors sold new you could build a new house for 5,000, and they sold for about the same as a new automobile. Not a return as a long term cash investment. I still like the old iron though.